Good one

Azone

WKR
I hate snakes. ******* hate them. If you did that to me, there would be no ripping the zipper. I would make a new exit.
All of us are in various stages of snake ptsd out here.
One of my old bosses yelled catch one day as I was walking by his pickup while he was on the back bumper reaching into the bed. I looked up and there was a rattle snake flying at me. I quickly called him a few foul words after I caught my breath.
I got struck at one night while walking down a trail almost to the truck and as God as my witness I swear I ran what felt like a 4.0 forty away from that damn thing. It rattled at the last second and as soon as I looked down it was coiled and struck right at my crotch. Scared me half to death. I’m not big on surprises to begin with and buzz worms are about at the top of that list for me.

CorbLand

WKR
All of us are in various stages of snake ptsd out here.
One of my old bosses yelled catch one day as I was walking by his pickup while he was on the back bumper reaching into the bed. I looked up and there was a rattle snake flying at me. I quickly called him a few foul words after I caught my breath.
I got struck at one night while walking down a trail almost to the truck and as God as my witness I swear I ran what felt like a 4.0 forty away from that damn thing. It rattled at the last second and as soon as I looked down it was coiled and struck right at my crotch. Scared me half to death. I’m not big on surprises to begin with and buzz worms are about at the top of that list for me.
Nope ropes get turned into limp ropes any chance I get.

MJB

WKR
My freshman year in college my roommate and I took off all the bathroom stalls doors from another dorm that we were always in some type of competition with. We hauled the doors off campus and tossed them in the woods on Sunday night.

The next morning our friends & the University were not happy they even got the GBI involved dusting for finger prints lol!

It took them 2weeks to replace them. Our friendship with the other dorm flourish to the point, in that same year, in the winter on a very cold night we opened 4 fire hydrants on a Sunday night. Monday morning there was ice every where, they cancelled classes for 3 days. After that they hired more security to patrol on Sunday nights!

One of my first days working on a log landing, I was filing my saw. I hadn’t got the knack down very well and was kinda slow. The loader operator was a pretty good hearted fella and would give me a bad time about it. Anyway, he whittled a dong out of a limb and put it in my soup thermos and filled it about half way up with water. When I got home that night, my wife took the lid off to clean it out. As soon as the lid came off, up pops a wood dong! He got a helluva laugh when I told him about it in the morning.

SloppyJ

WKR
Threw a dead armadillo under the bed cover of a co-workers truck one time. He didn't find it for a few days. Forgot what he did to me to get that treatment but it ended there.

We had a meeting at work with some of the owners. An employee parked right at the meeting location and his truck stunk enough to make your eyes water. After the meeting I looked in the back of his truck and found there were two rotting trout. I grabbed them up with a grocery bag and shoved them under his seat. They felt like hot m&m's, with a crust and just mush inside. It was July. A couple of days later he said he found the fish, they had gone crazy in there. Upside was he finally cleaned out his filthy truck looking for the smell.

At another site I had killed a rattlesnake and put it in the back of the work truck. My laborer didn't even give me the satisfaction of jumping when I sent him for something. Later I reached in there for a tool and nearly had to change my underwear when my own trick scared the hell out of me. I had a similar experience with some 1/2" pvc conduit I bent into the bed of a truck, I forgot and was slapped in the face when I dropped the tailgate. I'm not that great at jokes I guess.

I have a bunch but here is one of my favorites. Around the age of 23 I had a coworker who was a real pain in the rear. Just a sorry thieving trouble maker. Real loud mouth. He had a hot date one night and was bragging about it on the job site all day. So I snuck out and put some skunk scent on a two white rags and stuffing one in each side of the holes on the top of his bed rail on his pick up truck. He went out and thought he had hit a skunk or something. Well he stopped at the car wash to get rid of the smell and it didn't work. He had to take her out in the stinky truck, Was not a GREAT date night! To make matter worse, he never found those two rags. I bet he washed that truck 30 times. I would "refresh them" about once a week. He got so mad about the smell, he actually drove up about six weeks later with a brand new pickup! I felt horrible. But then he started rubbing it all in about the new truck and started being a jerk again. Well ,out came the skunk scent again. He about blew a gasket. NOT AGAIN!! Another coworker told him to check his bed rails and sure enough he found the rags. I was the only bowhunter out on the job and he was 99.9% sure it was me but he couldn't prove it. That jobsite finished up and we went to different sites. Probably a good thing, because he probably would have ended up killing me. Later as years went by, we both grew up, we became pretty good friends and I had to fess up. We both had a great laugh about it. He passed about 8 months ago from Prostrate Cancer, at 59. If you are 40 or over go get tested guys!!

Curmudgeon

Lil-Rokslider
When I was in college I found some good places to hunt groundhogs in the spring. One day I brought home one of the dead groundhogs who didn't show any visible signs of trauma and go to great lengths to pose it in a certain way before rigor mortis sets in. Early the next morning there's a groundhog in front of the main door to one of the girl's dormitories sitting up waving with a cigarette hanging out of its mouth. It was hilarious watching the reactions of the lovely coeds as they started out the door and saw the greeter awaiting them. Not one person came out that door until campus security finally arrived and dealt with the critter. I still laugh when I think about that.

Fatcamp

WKR
My wife showed me a Ticktok last night of a guy clipping a rubber rattlesnake on a string to his buddies backpack while they were hiking. DO NOT DO THIS NEAR CLIFFS!!!!

akcabin

Lil-Rokslider
Hah, some good memories just popped up. A fish under the driver's seat. Really bad was a brick of cheese on the manifold, would melt n stay there n you couldn't escape it

Beendare

WKR
I would NEVER. Do this again…

When we were 17 a group of guys thought it would be funny to put one of the Crappie we caught under a buddies car seat. It was a beater $400 old junker. We would give it a day in the summer and tell him.

Well this guy Rick, unbeknown to us…goes on vacation with his family for a week. We tried to get it out but he locked the car.

Ffwd a week and you can only imagine what that car smelled like. By now, nobody has the balls to say, ‘Yeah, funny right- we did it’

I helped him “discover” the fish, that was now rotting soup on the floorboards. I sometimes forget important dates..but I can remember those dry heaves like it was yesterday.

We stripped the carpet- nope still stunk. Next day we pulled the front seats, cleaned the metal floor…and let it air out for a few days. Nope, still stunk…even the removed seat had the residual smell in it- terrible.

A couple weeks later after trying everything….He ended up junking it at a wrecking yard for $200 and we ponied up the rest

Carr5vols

WKR
In college would put rubber snakes in bowls in the top shelf of cabinet. When room mates would grab a bowl and tilt it toward them snake would fall on them...had lots of broke bowls...

rayporter

WKR
as a snot nosed kid working summers on a pipeline the sideboom operator was flipping black cats under my ass every time i had a joint i was holding for the welder.

come lunch a nice garter snake was available as we broke. he was yelling he would beat may ass if i came near him with it. so i flipped it in his car. no more firecrackers.