GoPro hero 5 vs 7 or 8

I’m looking at buying a GoPro for filming hunts. Trying to decide on the model. 5 is a lot cheaper but I don’t know much about cameras. Is it worth the extra cash for a 7 or 8? I’m planning on using for filming in heavy cover mostly with the head rig.

7Bartman

WKR
I have the 5 and the 7. I like the 7 better, not necessarily for the features, but more reliable. The older 5 keeps freezing up and is very sensitive about the data cards. There are a couple of comparison videos of the two on youtube.

TheHardWay

Lil-Rokslider
You might consider the Max, as the 360 degree video capture ability could come in handy in the hunting field. Say an animal slips in on you behind or to the side and you can't move, but you can still record the action. You can still use the Max for forward-facing only video as well.
I have both the Max and 8. They are both awesome cameras. I would say go with the latest model for the best video quality and features if you are considering a Hero.

I agree with TheHardWay. I have an 8 and Max. The 8 is awesome but the 360 video on the Max is unbeatable. I recently got $100 off the Max from GoPro by trading in an old model - you might check to see if that's still going if you have an older one.

I had a 5 too, and the biggest difference for me was that the audio on the newer cameras (7 or 8) was much better and cleaner than on the older models. That made a big difference since I don't record audio on a separate device.