Got Gas?

*zap*

WKR
Colorado state environmental regulators unanimously approved a measure to crack down on certain uses of gas-powered lawn equipment as part of the state's broader climate push.

In an 8-0 vote, the Colorado Air Quality Control Commission (AQCC) green-lit regulations that prohibit gas-powered lawn and garden equipment from being used on public property statewide. Under the finalized rules, the ban will be enforced beginning in 2025 and, according to the Colorado Public Interest Research Group (CoPIRG), represents the first effort of its kind in the nation.

jayhawk

WKR
I know a guy who cuts lawns with battery powered zero turns. He swears by them. Only thing is that they are ex. pen. sive.

Hnthrdr

WKR
Colorado state environmental regulators unanimously approved a measure to crack down on certain uses of gas-powered lawn equipment as part of the state's broader climate push.

In an 8-0 vote, the Colorado Air Quality Control Commission (AQCC) green-lit regulations that prohibit gas-powered lawn and garden equipment from being used on public property statewide. Under the finalized rules, the ban will be enforced beginning in 2025 and, according to the Colorado Public Interest Research Group (CoPIRG), represents the first effort of its kind in the nation.
I love how there is a commission of most likely un elected assholes. That make up policy that can effect me. This state feels more and more like communist China… the commission? And the public interest research group that I’m sure no one asked for and is probably handsomely paid out of my insane taxes

Flyjunky

WKR

Are they saying state land, or does that include Federal as well?

I'm so glad I didn't take the opportunity 6ish years ago and moved to Denver for the company I worked for at the time. That state is starting to go down hill faster than the west coast.
Sorry, gonna have to pickup alot more speed to get ahead of Cali. We already banned the sale of all small gas powered engines. Includes lawnmowers, leafblowers, generators, you name it.

taskswap

WKR
Are they saying state land, or does that include Federal as well?
This whole thing was mis-quoted for the better headline. It's not state LAND it's forbidden from. It requires state AGENCIES to ditch the gas tools. It only applies to state agencies, not private citizens, and has nothing to do with the land where the equipment was used. It also:

1. specifically excludes 25hp+ engines so it doesn't apply to the other things in this thread either, like diesel tractors/mowers used on highway medians,
2. only applies from June to August.

This whole thing was mis-quoted for the better headline. It's not state LAND it's forbidden from. It requires state AGENCIES to ditch the gas tools. It only applies to state agencies, not private citizens, and has nothing to do with the land where the equipment was used. It also:

1. specifically excludes 25hp+ engines so it doesn't apply to the other things in this thread either, like diesel tractors/mowers used on highway medians,
2. only applies from June to August.
Bizarre! 25+hp engines are inclusive of nearly every tractor in USA. Tractors that mow roadsides and medians are usually 75-125hp. Did you mean less than 25hp?