Grim Reaper pro micro hybrid/elk

brsnow

WKR
I think the small size will be on my arrows next season. Looks like a great way to benefit from both head styles. Anyone use these yet?

Zac

WKR
Your post says /elk. I suppose you could run them for elk if you were running a heavy enough shaft, but I don't know why you would risk using an over the top jack knife deployer on such a tough medium. The Evolution Outdoors would be a much better option if you want to run a hybrid. Their mechanical blades are meant to cut on entry and open inside the cavity. The Reaper will lose a massive amount of energy right on the hide. Very poor choice IMO.

Zac

WKR
I’ve had plenty of customers use grim reapers on elk with great success including the micro hybrid.
That's a general statement. As I said above if someone has enough weight it would probably be fine. Grim Reaper makes a quality product. I'm sure they didn't have elk in mind when they designed their hybrid's. The Micro Hades is always going to be a superior choice for larger game in that line up.

OR Archer

WKR
I didn’t know there was a minimum word count per post. I’ll be sure to write a novel next time I reply.

Reactions: Zac

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I've been a fan of their 125gr Fatal Steel mechanical heads. They've been devastating on elk, even put one through part of the shoulder blade on a slightly quartering to me shot on a bull, but it stopped dead at his elbow on the offside with his leg back. I tried one as a second shot on my moose this year and it buried almost to the fletching on my 30" arrows with a hit close to the shoulder. But even at 75lbs and almost 33" draw with a 520gr arrow, I have yet to get a passthrough.

Reactions: Zac

MattB

WKR
I didn’t know there was a minimum word count per post. I’ll be sure to write a novel next time I reply.
Sorry many, his general comment based on no direct or indirect experience is more relevant than yours which is. The internet is tough that way...