Ground blind over water hole

I have access to about 400 acres of private in CO.

thinking about a ground blind near a water hole. Thoughts? Pros? Cons?

OP
Desk Jockey
Two options on the property. Previous owner says one is a pretty active wallow.

LuvsFixedBlades

Lil-Rokslider
1) Highly recommend a tree stand over a ground blind if that is an option for you.

2) Put your blind in a week or so before your hunt to allow the animals time to acclimate to it's presence/smell.

3) Brush it in really well to the natural vegetation as best you possibly can.

That would depend greatly on how much water is available in the area. In western Montana you could sit there for 2 weeks and not see anything. In Arizona it’s just a matter of time.

LostArra

WKR
Are there any areas to make a natural blind with limbs and brush?
Multiple locations for different winds?
I like being more flexible on location and not a fan of blinds although they can be effective if you can tolerate them.

Gman12

Lil-Rokslider
It really depends on how much water is available in the area. I hunt an arid area where water sources are very limited and hunting over water is very effective. The elk usually come to water in the mornings and afternoons. Sometimes they will water before daylight in the mornings so the afternoons are usually more productive for us but we have had luck with both AM & PM.

We're burned out on chasing elk up and down the mountain all day and the elk are sick of us too lol. So this year we're only going to treestand the wallows. Slip in and out like we're chasing mature whitetail bucks. Especially since we're all trad shooters. It'll be boring but I plan on taking audiobooks and my ear buds. And plenty of cigars!

I'd ground blind hunt rather than treestand. You can control your scent better. Open only one window, seal the base of it on the ground the best you can, get it up as early as possible.

I hate sitting waiting on elk, not my play but I know guys that are very successful with it, of course, needs to be a water source they are using.