Group size BHs

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
world archery round, 5 3 arrow ends. 10 ring is about 3".

you put up $2500 and he puts up $2500
He talked about it on one of his podcasts, open offer to all the internet experts that shoot 2" groups at 50 etc.
BH's sound like more fun. And that sounds totally different than what you first posted. That appears as though he wants to compete against the individual.......not just pay someone $2500 to shoot 15 arrows at a 3" circle at 55 yards.

Archers moa is just like everyone who thinks they have a 1/4 or 1/2 moa gun. A lucky 3 shot group doesn't count, no duscounting flyiers, or pulled shots, they all count. I'm probably above average for most hunters, and I struggle to keep 60 touching a 1.5" line at 20.

I'd say a lot can't shoot an indoor 300 NFAA round, that's 60 arrows within or touching a 3 1/8" circle at 20.

To answer the original question, it just depends. For deer I want all my shots including bad to be in a 6-7" circle. Elk I'd say 10-11", also including the bad. So if I can do that at 30, 40, 50.....

That's what I want. I use to read about a pie plate or a paper plate. Distance where you can keep 4/5 in it. I much prefer what I feel is absolute, a repeatable 5/5 day in and day out. It's a lot easier to do it in your backyard than out in the field.
Sometimes I think it’s easier in the field. When I’m shooting in my backyard, I pull more often because it really doesn’t matter. When I’m shooting at the range or on animals, it seems that I concentrate better. I’m not sure if it’s the adrenaline or the fact that the shot counts more because people are watching/the shot has to count because it’s an animal.

Fisherhahn

Lil-Rokslider
I believe I heard a guy on the most recent Blue Collar elk hunting podcast say-if you can’t keep three w/broadheads in a 1.5 inch group at ANY distance, you are past your effective range. So a 2” group at 20 is too big, keep your shots inside that. I love all kinds of podcasts, but wonder where they come up with some of the things they say. I’m happy with the inch/10yd group especially with broadheads.

OP
C
I notice if there is ever a time I get the "flinches" it's when I'm shooting broadheads. To combat it, I use a giant target. No way in hell I could shoot one of those octagon looking block targets, I'd have arrows skipping all over the hood.

I feel I'm pretty good, 20 and 30 is automatic. I'd say 40yds I'm keeping them in a 6 inch circle all day.

Well, some shoot better with adrenaline. I more or less fall into that group.
Sometimes I think it’s easier in the field. When I’m shooting in my backyard, I pull more often because it really doesn’t matter. When I’m shooting at the range or on animals, it seems that I concentrate better. I’m not sure if it’s the adrenaline or the fact that the shot counts more because people are watching/the shot has to count because it’s an animal.

BH's sound like more fun. And that sounds totally different than what you first posted. That appears as though he wants to compete against the individual.......not just pay someone $2500 to shoot 15 arrows at a 3" circle at 55 yards.

Can you do it?

Try a practice round.

Field points are fine. I know the guy who holds the current record for 60+ guys.

I mainly practice on 3-D targets rather than bags. Regardless of distance, I want all my arrows in the vitals. Of course, I try to get all my arrows as close as possible - but a clean kill shot trumps all else IMHO.