Guided moose

Well my pops said he wants to go to alaska and kill a moose and potentially a grizz. Wants to go guided and said "take care of it and let me know where we're going." So I started looking and have a few options in mind so far but wanted to reach out and see what experiences you seasoned moose killers reccomend when it comes to guided moose hunts. This will be his only trip to AK I'm sure so if it was tour one and onky trip who would you book? Thanks in advance.

Murphy

Lil-Rokslider
I did 2 guided bow hunts with Stan Parkerson of Denali hunts. He is archery only if that matters to you but that's where I'd go if I was gonna do another guided moose hunt. Killed 2 nice bulls.

Attachments

• 20130912_100115.jpg
    20130912_100115.jpg
    609.3 KB · Views: 85

VernAK

WKR
What are you looking for....?

Camp hunt, river hunt, horseback?

Some camps run several hunters/guides and a few are guiding only 1 or 2......

Larry Bartlett

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Dont know how busy he is now but Rod and his wife are salt of the earth providers and past customers. I rarely hear his name so I think he's still a low volume guide. The people I've sent his way have never complained and have been successful.

I recommend him now because Rod's personality fits well with father/son duos.

OP
Skullwhite_designs
What are you looking for....?

Camp hunt, river hunt, horseback?

Some camps run several hunters/guides and a few are guiding only 1 or 2......
Camp or river hunt. Either or. Just looking for a great trip that showcases all Alaska has to offer. It's been dads dream to take a moose so I want him to have the best chance at killing.

OP
Skullwhite_designs
Dont know how busy he is now but Rod and his wife are salt of the earth providers and past customers. I rarely hear his name so I think he's still a low volume guide. The people I've sent his way have never complained and have been successful.

I recommend him now because Rod's personality fits well with father/son duos.
Great I'll have to check them out thanks!

jcombsy04

FNG
While it isn’t Alaska, check out Misty River Outfitters at Gypsy Lake Lodge for Giant Canadian Moose. They’ve killed a bunch of 50+” moose the last three years. It’s an incredible remote hunt with the best accommodations out there. Power, hot shower, log cabin with wood stove. 2E796FC5-6FD0-44D9-B077-98E759CD43F8.jpeg

OP
Skullwhite_designs
While it isn’t Alaska, check out Misty River Outfitters at Gypsy Lake Lodge for Giant Canadian Moose. They’ve killed a bunch of 50+” moose the last three years. It’s an incredible remote hunt with the best accommodations out there. Power, hot shower, log cabin with wood stove. View attachment 319551
Those are impressive. I dont have the vaccine though so CA isnt an option unfortunately.

I've flown around in the Wrangells some and it's beyond most people's comprehension how much rugged severe wilderness is waiting.

VernAK

WKR
Wrangell Mountain outfitters have an incredibly isolated location. You won't be bothered by jet boats and ATVs.
They limit their hunts to very few people and manage the resource carefully.