Gun safe and contractors.... ?

If a contractor is cheap or available in this economy I would run anybody worth a bit is proud of his work and booked out at least a couple of months if not year

Cameras.

I have my safe enclosed in a plywood box that is pad locked. It is big and ugly and anyone that looked around would know there are guns in the box. With out ripping it open they will not Know there is a big safe Inside or what kind. It isn’t great but I think it keeps someone from casing the size and type of safe I have.

if your house has mechanicals in the basement it won’t be the only time you have someone in there to do work.

I have a Liberty safe that weighs 800 lbs. and no way could anyone break into it. I also have insurance. Regarding the contractor, you're asking for trouble.

I have a Liberty safe that weighs 800 lbs. and no way could anyone break into it. I also have insurance. Regarding the contractor, you're asking for trouble.
You would be surprised how easy it is to get into a safe. And they don’t need to carry the heavy safe off to get in it.

Paranoia comes from experience... had Hannah home people come move some donated materials as my trailer was loaded down with lumber for my den.
Dude was blatantly checking out my stuff...I just looked at him one time and said c'mon man. His boss apologized and they left...that night all the "good stuff" was moved to my parents house .
2 nights later I was broken into and not only was TV stolen..house was vandalized.

I trust no one. I have a good friend that used to work for Charter /Spectrum cable ...his supervisor started acting weird..and said ohh I left my tool bag in x house ...My buddy replied it's in the back.."well I forgot this tool"..they turned around...owners were gone guy kicked in door and started popping pills from owners medicine cabinet ....my buddy called the sheriff right then ..luckily there were cameras to prove his innocence..

so no I don't trust random people that contractors hire to make a quick buck

Your 800lb Liberty safe is no match for an angle grinder less than 10 minutes of alone time. Gun safes are just like door locks. They give a false sense of security and keep honest people out. If someone wants to get in, they are going to get in.

Your 800lb Liberty safe is no match for an angle grinder less than 10 minutes of alone time. Gun safes are just like door locks. They give a false sense of security and keep honest people out. If someone wants to get in, they are going to get in.

And the German dams were no match for the bouncing bombs and two cities were no match for atomic bombs…

I live on a farm and the only access road is right in front of my neighbors house. He's retired and doesn't miss anything. That and the fact that I have two great Pyrenees that weigh over 130 lbs. and hate strangers make me rather confident that my guns are safe.

Most contractors are honest and can be trusted but be careful. We had a crew from Home Depot installatiing carpeting in our house and they made some comments about some saddles I had. The following weekend we went away and

Had the same thing happen. Had a cable buy come out to install in my man cave in one section of the 3 car garage. 2 guys come out. Come to find out one did not work for the company ,,,he was just "helping" his buddy. They wanted to know why I had 2 boats?
One week later I only had 1 boat.
Taken out from under the carport, floodlights on, we were asleep.
Be very careful who you let on/in your property. This is how stuff happens.

I live on a farm and the only access road is right in front of my neighbors house. He's retired and doesn't miss anything. That and the fact that I have two great Pyrenees that weigh over 130 lbs. and hate strangers make me rather confident that my guns are safe.

I hope so. I had a friend who thought the same thing but turned out his dogs liked chewing on hot dogs from the burglars more than chewing on the burglars who stole his guns. When there is a will there is a way unfortunately

Back