Gunnison CO public lands closed

The San Juan Co sheriff is threatening a $5000 fine and up to 1 year in jail for offenders. I don’t know the inter-workings, but a sheriff does have jurisdiction if it’s in his county including BLM lands.

Actually, no. We had a vehicle incident on Nat'l forest one time and the sheriff deputy had us meet him in town because the incident happened on Federal land and could not investigate to write a report. He met us in town to generate a report for insurance purposes only.

A sheriff's office would have to be deputized to exercise authority on Federal lands, maybe they are. Just like a tribal cop has to be deputized by the state to issue a citation on a federal or state hwy that traverses across reservation land.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Right, because we have a Worldwide Pandemic every year...talk about not being able to see beyond the end of your nose.

"Preserving the foundation at all costs" has never been an "on again.....off again" proposition depending on what's going on in the world. It is the prime objective first and foremost.......so that you navigate and govern as needed knowing, understanding this, and keeping it intact. That's the only way America should operate, otherwise the Constitution is just a recommendation.........and I do realize that there are many Americans that would prefer it if it was just a recommendation. Pretty sad.

Last edited:
OP
P

Poser

WKR
Actually, no. We had a vehicle incident on Nat'l forest one time and the sheriff deputy had us meet him in town because the incident happened on Federal land and could not investigate to write a report. He met us in town to generate a report for insurance purposes only.

A sheriff's office would have to be deputized to exercise authority on Federal lands, maybe they are. Just like a tribal cop has to be deputized by the state to issue a citation on a federal or state hwy that traverses across reservation land.

My guess is that he is deputized. Given the amount of public land and low population In The area, that would make sense. The USFS website makes it sound as if the SJ sheriff office is exclusively responsible for enforcement of the FS road access.

8353e07fc73f5d7d6968839534727978.jpg

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Just highlighting the nonsense.

If you want nonsense just try to understand the rationale with some of these governors. "I deem pot shops essential so they can stay open, but I deem your business not essential, so you will go bankrupt at my discretion and by my orders". That is exactly what a King does, not an elected official in America.

I just saw that in NY, originally real estate was deemed a non-essential industry. But voila'.......yesterday the governor now deems it essential by the dictate from the throne. Seriously? They're just making this stuff up as they go, as the King sees fit.

Listening to some of you guys is just like the folks that say "Well, I don't own a gun, so they can get rid of that 2nd Amendment anytime they want". SMH Now I know why only 3% will actually fight for our freedoms, liberties, and rights.

Last edited:

brsnow

WKR
If you want nonsense just try to understand the rationale with some of these governors. "I deem pot shops essential so they can stay open, but I deem your business not essential, so you will go bankrupt at my discretion and by my orders". That is exactly what a King does, not an elected official in America.

I just saw that in NY, originally real estate was deemed a non-essential industry. But voila'.......yesterday the governor now deems it essential by the dictate from the throne. Seriously? They're just making this stuff up as they go, as the King sees fit.

Listening to some of you guys is just like the folks that say "Well, I don't own a gun, so they can get rid of that 2nd Amendment anytime they want".

Did you see the constitution written?this array of opinions is how it came together and why there are 3 branches of the government to support it and the people. They looked to protect it from singled minded views.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Did you see the constitution written?this array of opinions is how it came together and why there are 3 branches of the government to support it and the people. They looked to protect it from singled minded views.

Yes, there's a process for that that takes a heck of a lot of time and money to fight these unconstitutional measures. But on the other hand we also have almost half the SCOTUS which is deemed as protecting, preserving, and enforcing the Constitution that don't even agree with it from the start. That's pretty messed up. How would the left like it if a Pro-Lifer was appointed as abortion czar to determine all things abortion for the nation? They wouldn't tolerate that in the least, but they're OK with putting anti-constitutionalists on the SCOTUS. SMH

BuzzH

WKR
Yes, there's a process for that that takes a heck of a lot of time and money to fight these unconstitutional measures. But on the other hand we also have almost half the SCOTUS which is deemed as protecting, preserving, and enforcing the Constitution that don't even agree with it from the start. That's pretty messed up. How would the left like it if a Pro-Lifer was appointed as abortion czar to determine all things abortion for the nation? They wouldn't tolerate that in the least, but they're OK with putting anti-constitutionalists on the SCOTUS. SMH

That was the whole intent, the process needs to take time and effort to determine the constitutionality of measures, laws, rules, legislation, etc.

Bulldawg

WKR
Your rights are very important, but so is making sure you are not endangering other people. I think you have the right to carry a gun, but do you think someone should have the right to carry that gun pointing at people and shooting shots off wherever they go? Cause that would endanger the lives of other and I think that most would say that is a good reason to take that persons gun away. Now, this virus is spread by people going out and breathing, so you are literally endangering the lives of others by going outside and traveling, therefore I think that you shouldn’t be allowed to go out and potentially risk the lives of others, do what you want with your own life I don’t care. But you’re putting the lives of others at risk and that’s an asshat move.

and whoever said their as tough in person as they are online, you’re not

Rmauch20

WKR
Your rights are very important, but so is making sure you are not endangering other people. I think you have the right to carry a gun, but do you think someone should have the right to carry that gun pointing at people and shooting shots off wherever they go? Cause that would endanger the lives of other and I think that most would say that is a good reason to take that persons gun away. Now, this virus is spread by people going out and breathing, so you are literally endangering the lives of others by going outside and traveling, therefore I think that you shouldn’t be allowed to go out and potentially risk the lives of others, do what you want with your own life I don’t care. But you’re putting the lives of others at risk and that’s an asshat move.

and whoever said their as tough in person as they are online, you’re not

Well if you’re abiding by Quarantine I won’t even see you. So unless I come into your house and breath all over of your stuff I wouldn’t get you sick.

And I would say this to your face. If you don’t wanna get sick, you stay home. You duct tape your house shut for all I care and you stay home.
Don’t tell me what I have to do.

3forks

WKR
Pretty contentious issue...

If travel restrictions aren’t lifted, I’d think a lot of trucks with out of state plates parked at trail heads this fall are going to be burned to ground. If non-resident hunters felt unwelcome before, just imagine their reception if they show up despite being told to stay home.

BuzzH

WKR
Well if you’re abiding by Quarantine I won’t even see you. So unless I come into your house and breath all over of your stuff I wouldn’t get you sick.

And I would say this to your face. If you don’t wanna get sick, you stay home. You duct tape your house shut for all I care and you stay home.

You don't think you're told what to do already?

Fooling yourself, but not me.

Rmauch20

WKR
You don't think you're told what to do already?

Fooling yourself, but not me.
Try to keep up with the context of the conversation.
Obviously my wife tells me what to do all the damn time.
If you’re worried about getting sick stay home. There now you’ve been saved. Now everyone else who’s not can go about their daily lives.

Bulldawg

WKR

Except people still have to go out and get their essentials, grandma still needs her medication, need to get some groceries, or hell need more tp cause it’s been hoarded everyone else. So you just coming to town because it’s your right to move as you want is putting the health and life of others in jeopardy. I’ve been caught up I’m the same mentality, can’t stop me, but if you pay more attention and become less of a selfish prick and think of the we is more important than the me then we would all be better off.

and I still stand by it, you’re not as tough in person as you are online

Rmauch20

WKR
Except people still have to go out and get their essentials, grandma still needs her medication, need to get some groceries, or hell need more tp cause it’s been hoarded everyone else. So you just coming to town because it’s your right to move as you want is putting the health and life of others in jeopardy. I’ve been caught up I’m the same mentality, can’t stop me, but if you pay more attention and become less of a selfish prick and think of the we is more important than the me then we would all be better off.

and I still stand by it, you’re not as tough in person as you are online
Well only one way to prove it, virtual arm wrestling, I will send you the link for zoom!

Billinsd

WKR
Your rights are very important, but so is making sure you are not endangering other people. I think you have the right to carry a gun, but do you think someone should have the right to carry that gun pointing at people and shooting shots off wherever they go? Cause that would endanger the lives of other and I think that most would say that is a good reason to take that persons gun away. Now, this virus is spread by people going out and breathing, so you are literally endangering the lives of others by going outside and traveling.
How about if people don't point their guns at people and people practice social distancing? Your argument of not going outside because you breathe is a very weak argument. What if you went outside in your truck with your gun and drove out to public and breathed and shot? You wouldn't be hurting anyone. Ok, sure what if you crashed and needed an ambulance and infected them? Ok and what if you were driving out to go shooting and got mad or lost your mind? You might point your gun at people. See? Both are what ifs. Of course my argument is not valid for extreme cases of either example. Bill

Last edited:

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Speaking for myself I'm more intense in person.

Ya, most would describe me the same way........or at least more animated and maybe opinionated....LOL. ;)

I'm not sure how anyone can see toughness online.........or the unseen attitude.:unsure: This just made me think of something........I remember one time when my dad was out working all day and when he came up the back steps my mom locked the screen door and said "what's the password"? He proceeded to rip the screen door off the hinges and came inside without saying a word. That will do....LOL. And then he made me rebuild it where the welds broke and install new hinges.