270quest

WKR
Defiance action - 1500
Proof Barrel - 750
Manners Stock - 800
TT Trigger - 250
Bottom Metal of your choice - $250
Reputable Gunsmith to put together and chamber, bed rifle - $600

That's makes a pretty similar rifle for $4200 - add a NF and your still 4k ahead

With that being said, I have nothing against GW and NOTHING against them selling 10k rifle packages and hope they come out of this - cause I do enjoy watching there hunting shows.

Last edited:
I second this!

Nope, I've paid $3k - $4k for another "company" for my customs. But then again, I had to pick out my own parts, buy optics & optic mounts, sight them in all buy myself, and get dope on the rifle all by myself. I'm not the demographic that Gunwerks was/is targeting, and that is OK. Some guys aren't gun guys, and $10,000 isn't a big deal to everyone.

There seems to be a lot of dudes frothing at the mouth on here for a small business to fail simply because they couldn't afford the product, didn't like the personality of the Owner, or somehow think the failure of Gunwerks will further validate their purchase decisions. In general, their products aren't for me, but I appreciate the innovation none-the-less because it helps the industry as a whole to progress.

The reality is it's way too soon to have a clue what's going on. I hope they can keep it together, pay their debts, keep their employees paid, and move forward.

TBass

FNG
I just received an email from GW stating that the HAMR 2.0 is back.... and that they are taking deposits.

I think I would be a little concerned if I recently placed an order with them.

n2horns

WKR
I just spoke with them on the phone about my order and was assured everything is stil on track. I was told they are in no danger of closing shop and they are going to continue as a company to grow. I have no reason to not believe the gentleman I spoke with. I dont own a GW rifle nor will I, but i do own several of their products including rangefinders and have had very good results with Gunwerks headstamped brass and as long as their gear and customer service treats me well I'll continue to show them my support

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Famous last words.... "your order is fine", that was said by the following companies that told stock holders and customers the same thing.
Kmart
Sears
PanAm
JCPenny
Blockbuster
Kodak
Delorean
Trump Airlines
Enron

nrh6.7

WKR
I don't know or care what the specifics are on this deal, but I can say that WFEF and WF in general have a terrible reputation in the lending world. I work in equipment finance and have had many clients tell me they'll never do business with them again. Bad customer service, inept account management and you'd better be damn squared away with your payments because if you fall into arrears they are hell to deal with. Unbending is a good word to use.

I won't get set up with them as a third party originator because I don't want my clients pissed off at me.

cjl2010

Lil-Rokslider
Start by looking at gunsmiths/builders who aren’t focusing on hunters as their primary market. GA Precision, Piercision Rifles, American Precision Arms....to name a few.
They all make great rifles, but none of them sell a titanium and carbon stock/barreled rifle with high end optic for $3-4K dollars.

joelbiltz

WKR
As a once die hard Gunwerks customer I am so glad I washed my hands from this shit show. And for those of you who blamed me of my troubles with them, doesn’t this kind of make you say hmmm??? 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

wyo2track

Lil-Rokslider
I'm kinda wondering why the review system for the Wyoming Business Council didn't know or address this loan Gunwerks had with Wells Fargo.

Trial153

WKR
Not remitting sales sale tax is usually a pretty good indicator of a drain circle.

FlyGuy

WKR
Man, I feel bad for all those people who just put in orders for that 6.5 pistol they came out with! That thing was sweet. I would never pay that for a rifle but I was pretty turned on by it.

You can’t cheat the mountain

netman

WKR
Does anyone reading this own a Revic scope from GW? I ask as I routinely watch their show each week. I see all the Revic commercials but all I see them using on the show is NF scopes. I’m puzzled by this.

260madman

WKR
In order, you pay the govt first then insurance then employees, Owner last. I guarantee owner did not get paid last.

anybody with an order with this place should be very cautious. Even in receivership shenanigans happen.