Gunwerks Revic BR4 Rangefinder

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Shoot2HuntU
How’s the performance of the ballistic calculator? I’ve used the br2 in the past and the calculations never lined up

The BR2 used the same calculations to come up with a solution as everything else/ you had an incorrect input somewhere.

As for the BR4 it gives identical solutions to shooter, AB, 4DOF, when inputs are correct.

My BR2500 has different inputs than my Kestrel for drops to match up. That being said, once the inputs were calibrated with the BR2500, every condition has been spot on with my Krestel for a handful of years. I elected to adjust my bc for drops to line up, all others inputs remained the same. This has been the case for many guns. No issues just different inputs

I've been using the BR4 for almost a year now and it dawned on me the other day that I've never thought about angle compensation when using it. Does it automatically use the horizontal distance when calculating a firing solution? I've noticed when it gives a range it will say LOS in the upper left. Is it giving me the line of sight distance but in the background using the angle compensated distance to give the firing solution?

huntnful

WKR
Yes sir. The range is the actual range. But that calculation it gives you is compensated based on the angle.

I believe you can change it to a “shoot to” range also if you have an etched turret with yardages on it.