Hanwag Alverstone II GTX

Sportsman247

Lil-Rokslider
I am looking at purchasing a new pair of boots and have my eye on these. Anyone have these and if so, what are pros/cons this far? TIA

Mark at EXO

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I absolutely love them, though be aware that they do tend to run on the narrow and short side. You may consider going wider and/or longer in length.

For my feet, they just work and required zero break-in. I packed out a bull 6 miles the day after trying them on for the first time.

OP
Sportsman247

Sportsman247

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for the input. If you do t mind me asking, are you’re longer and wider than your normal size? I typically wear an 11 and just want to ensure I get it right the first time. Will have to order because none around to try on.

Mark at EXO

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I wear a 11.5 in almost everything. I have Alverstones in 12W. I can't say that everyone would need to size up and go wider, but I did, and I know several other guys who do the same with this boot.

Schism

WKR
I really like mine. They have a moderately stiff sole with great traction and good ankle support. Break in was quick and I haven't noticed any stretching after lots of use.

I agree with the other posters that they do run a bit smaller than many other boots. I had to size up by a half size from my normal size to get the fit I was looking for.