Hanwag Makra's

What is everyone's thoughts on these that have tired them? I have a pair with about 5 miles on a treadmill wearing a 45lb pack and I am not sure if I sort of like them or want to send them back. I know I am not totally in love with them, but they are on the cusp of feeling like with a little more breaking in they could be comfy.

Also, the lacing system seems really cheap to me after wearing the L&S Montain Elites...thats a sweet lacing system...

HeadnWest

WKR
How is the ankle support on them? I was just looking at ordering a pair today, but will probably try to get one more year out of my current boots.

OP
B
How is the ankle support on them? I was just looking at ordering a pair today, but will probably try to get one more year out of my current boots.

That’s kind of my concern with them, they have very stiff soles, but the lacing system on them is giving me some issues where I feel like I can’t get the boot right in the right places, so I’m not crazy about the ankle support.

They are fairly comfortable, they just don’t feel inspiring for steep and deep mountain hunting if you know what I mean?

I think I’m going to call black ovis today and see if I can exchange them by change...we’ll see.

HeadnWest

WKR
Might want to send them back for a pair of Crispi Colorados. I am not a Crispi fan boy, but those boots do look pretty nice.

I am currently running a pair of Selewa Rapace GTX. I really like them they fit my foot well and seem like just the right amount of stiffness. But I am always looking to see what else is out there.

I really like my makras. I have about a season and then some on them and hike a lot and hunt some steep stuff. For how light they are, I like how stiff/sturdy they are. I will say they get wet inside (on the Washington coast) but in my experience that’s expected even with gtx boots