Hanwag Size

Are the Hanwag's true to size? thinking of ordering a pair from backpacking-united cause they are waaaay cheaper, but am definitely nervous about getting the wrong size. Tried on a pair of Crispi Wyoming GTX and would wear a size 9 in those, but I'm wearing a size 10 Keens right now. So I'm thinking go with the Crispi sized boots (9 US), which would be an 8 in UK.

OP
A
Those are the style I'm looking at....But shoe brands and sizes are never all the same. Like I said, I'm wearing a 10 Keens, but was able to try on the Crispi's and size 9 was the ticket for them. So I'm thinking since Crispi and Hanwag are more geared for long hiking/hunting, and the Keens are really just my everyday type boot. Go with the Crispi size

wapitibob

WKR
I had Lowa Cevedale's prior to the Hanwags. I called Aron and asked about the the fittment as he was familiar with both boots, so I was confident in the sizing. Someone on here may have had both boots you are looking at and they could give you insight as to any differences in the sizing/toe box.

True to size for me on the ancash and trapper top.

I bought the ancash from backpacking_United as well. They are a better fit for me than alaska which are roomy in instep/front of ankle. Ancash were less roomy there, slightly taller, and possibly more flexible in the sole. Great boots.

Idaho CTD

Lil-Rokslider
I wear a 10 1/2 E typically and I ordered a 10 1/2 EE in the Hanwag Alaskans. The toe box is way narrow compared to any other 10 1/2 EE I've ever tried on. The toe of the boot comes to a bit of a point (reminds me of a cowboy boot a bit) which narrows up the toe box.