HARD BOW CASE FOR TRAVEL?

ssgjpd

Lil-Rokslider
Classified Approved
SKB… it has been all over and provides the best protection.

I have a pelican vault v730. Fits my matthews v3x with quiver etc very well. Comes with the foam in side so you can custom cut it to your own bow.

The arrow holders I glued in with 3m spray glue and they are from skb
IMG_3967.jpeg

rkcdvm

Lil-Rokslider
Only one I’ve ever had was a Vault. It was actually given to me by a friend that got a multiple bow case . It’s pretty solid. I have a vault and SKB for rifle cases . I think they’re similar in that regard

Fowl Play

WKR
I'll add another one to the mix. I personally use a Legend Everest 44 case. https://legendarchery.com/products/...case-for-compound-bows?variant=29012444151917

The actual bow compartment has hard sides so your bow cannot be squeezed/crushed, and many straps so it cannot move, but then it still has a ton of room for packing extra gear. I use my clothes as extra padding around the bow. Minimizes checked bags while still giving good security.

Since it is not a firearm, I'm suspecting the TSA doesn't get nearly cranked up for flying with a bow as a checked bag, right? Any hassles?

Fowl Play

WKR
Since it is not a firearm, I'm suspecting the TSA doesn't get nearly cranked up for flying with a bow as a checked bag, right? Any hassles?
No hassles. Don’t need to declare anything. It’s a standard checked bag.

Wildhorse

Lil-Rokslider
SKB IS THE WAY TO GO. I used my SKB to travel from portland Oregon to Rota Spain from Spain to Norway and back twice over to Africa and back three times then back to Norfolk and then portland and all over the western USA it carried my bowtech prodigy Chris Kyle limited as well as my carbon icon three releases two dozen arrows extra parts for dropaway arrow rests extra fletchings a easy fletch hotmelt extra broadheads and some bare shafts just with inserts 10" and 8" stabilizers and never once had any damage or even sights get tweaked you really cant go wrong with those cases mine was even second hand from a buddy they lock and are wonderful.

Yeah no hassle, don’t need to lock or declare. They might ask you if it’s a firearm.

I often include a handgun in my bow case as I like to lock my case up and I find the airlines are less likely to lose (and will return faster) a declared firearm case. Plus you have your handgun at your destination.