Has anyone booked a hunt with huntnation?

Wags

WKR
I’m considering booking a hunt using HuntNation for my son & I for a cow elk. Have any of you used them to book a hunt before? If so what was your experience?

Any advice or direction is appreciated.

wyosteve

WKR
Are you talking about the Hunt Nation owned by Butch and Ed Manasse? If so, I have done several.

I was doing a little digging and curious about one of there hunts. Love to know what people thoughts are. Would like a PM if possible

OP
Wags

Wags

WKR
I was doing a little digging and curious about one of there hunts. Love to know what people thoughts are. Would like a PM if possible

Don has been very easy to work with. The whole process was pretty simple. It's still early to report back on the Outfitter. I will follow up after the hunt.

BCP

FNG
I'm also interested to hear more experiences with Hunt Nation. I get their email newsletter and they have some interesting options but I have not used them yet.

OP
Wags

Wags

WKR
I can say that the communication between HuntNation & I has been great. I've not received much in the way of communication from the outfitter but thus far the experience has been good. We'll see next week once we get out on the hunt how the outfitter experience is.

OP
Wags

Wags

WKR
Follow up... the process with Hunt Nation went as it should. If I were to book another hunt I would consider using them.

One note, they do not want to give you the name of the Outfitter before you book. They don't want you booking with them directly. If I were to do this again I would demand that ahead of time and do some research and contact before booking.... lesson learned.

keller

WKR
I booked an aoudad hunt with them. For jan 2023 pleased with everything so far except when asking for references. They don't like to give them.i think they are afraid you will bypass them and book direct. I miss this part ive met alot of great people and learned alot from contacting references. But I've also met a small number of A-holes. Good luck

I have tried Hunt Nation three times now. First experience was deer with Western Outdoor Adventures in Meeker Colorado. The outfitter was arrogant and rude, he claimed Hunt Nation exaggerated his deer quality but he guaranteed us an "opportunity buck" of 150 inches. We never saw a 150 inch deer and when we brought it up at the end of the trip he said "talk to my lawyer". Reportedly Hunt Nation no longer uses this outfitter because of all the complaints they received, that however is no justification for properly vetting this outfitter in the first place.

Next, I used HN for a mule deer hunt in Mexico. Everything went fine, no complaints. I only saw a couple bucks which wasn't unexpected and I shot the biggest one I saw, it measured in the mid 170's.

This year, 2023, I spoke with a HN rep and agreed to an Ibex Hunt in Kazakhstan. After a month HN contacted me to say the outfitter would not sign their paperwork, would I like to try with another outfitter. I said yes. Two weeks later they let me know they did not have any spots left even though they had booked 4 new hunters with this "other" outfitter after talking with me. I have talked on the phone with some friendly and knowledgeable reps at Hunt Nation but something is very suspect about the way they do business and it can go bad.

Maddog58

FNG
Booked two hunts with them. First was wonderful working with Brian and the second I didn’t draw the tag. Second hunt got my money refunded with no problems

I've used them twice. First hunt went ok. On the second hunt the Outfitter canceled the hunt and kept my 10k deposit. Reached out to Butch at hunt Nation since I booked and paid through them. Zero support, stopped returning calls and emails. Basically told me it was my problem and to take it up with the Outfitter. I'm more than happy to share all email correspondence with hunt Nation to anyone interested.
Not sure what outfitter you were booked with and as the owner of Hunt Nation this is the first I'm hearing about this allegation. We rigorously vet all our outfitters, Ph's and captains and have hunted and fished with almost all of them. Unfortunately, we can't always control how an outfitter conducts his business and if he/she breaches their contract with us, we terminate the business relationship. We drop outfitters based upon negative post trip reports from clients, poor harvest rates, unskilled guides and similar criteria. 99% of our outfitters enjoy the volume of clients we send them so in many cases, acting as an advocate on clients behalf, we are able to resolve most issues/concerns. I urge you to contact me and provide some additional details so as to see if I can provide a remedy for you.

Not sure what outfitter you were booked with and as the owner of Hunt Nation this is the first I'm hearing about this allegation. We rigorously vet all our outfitters, Ph's and captains and have hunted and fished with almost all of them. Unfortunately, we can't always control how an outfitter conducts his business and if he/she breaches their contract with us, we terminate the business relationship. We drop outfitters based upon negative post trip reports from clients, poor harvest rates, unskilled guides and similar criteria. 99% of our outfitters enjoy the volume of clients we send them so in many cases, acting as an advocate on clients behalf, we are able to resolve most issues/concerns. I urge you to contact me and provide some additional details so as to see if I can provide a remedy for you.
Interested to hear how that all turned out.