Has anyone done a drop test on Leupold Vx5hd?

Jfjfrye

Lil-Rokslider
Can anyone point me to a thread talking about leupold Vx5hd and why they are not reliable and any posts about drop testing on this scope….. the search bar has left me with no success.

Last edited:
OP
Jfjfrye

Jfjfrye

Lil-Rokslider
I get the feeling this was a statement being made to look like a question…

The beautiful thing about drop testing is you don’t need any special equipment. Why don’t you complete a drop test of it and report back?
Yes I probably will do that. And should do it. Am I wrong for assuming there is some information out there on this topic?

ccoffey

Lil-Rokslider
My rifle won’t be back together until my chassis arrives in a month or so. If you don’t do it, I will! I have the vx5 hd on mine currently. I’ve not performed a drop test, but I haven’t noticed any changes in zero.

My rifle fell out of my backseat and scope hit the metal door frame on the way down flipping the rifle end over end then onto the ground. Does that count?

OP
Jfjfrye

Jfjfrye

Lil-Rokslider
My rifle won’t be back together until my chassis arrives in a month or so. If you don’t do it, I will! I have the vx5 hd on mine currently. I’ve not performed a drop test, but I haven’t noticed any changes in zero.
Yeah I’m in the middle of getting my 300 wsm dialed in. Just got a Stockys vg2 for it. But will bed it then shoot the load development rounds that I have prepared for it. Once I have it sighted ill be in a place I can drop it.

Yeah I’m in the middle of getting my 300 wsm dialed in. Just got a Stockys vg2 for it. But will bed it then shoot the load development rounds that I have prepared for it. Once I have it sighted ill be in a place I can drop it.

You should read my Maven rs1.2 thread and learn from it. Use a soft surface underneath your drop mat. Either I really suck at shooting, the rs1.2 is really solid, or I got really lucky.

Tom-D

FNG
From my understanding a drop test has been done on the vx3 hd and mechanically they are identical only the zoom range differs

Slick8

Lil-Rokslider
I took a fall with mine stapped to my pack last year. Actually more of a fall and rolling over on it.

I was a little sore the next morning so I didn't hunt but went out to verify zero, it was dead on. Back to hunting that afternoon.

ChrisA

WKR
Certainly not a drop test, but my VX5HD 3-15 on a 7.5 lb 300WM has held zero after a 4 day backpack hunt at 12,000, and a 5 day basecamp hunt in the Flat Tops. I don't recall any devastating bumps but it wasn't babied either.

I drop tested my Leupold rifleman this fall. It sustained no injuries. My pride was hurt a little bit though. Check your bow/gun ropes prior to use. Damn squirrels. lol