Has anyone installed a small 1.5" arca rail on there rifle and wished they went longer?

Elite

WKR
I am looking to install a salmon river arca rail and cant decide between the 4" and the 1.5" rail. It is my lightweight mountain gun

hereinaz

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Won’t make a huge difference if you pick the right point to balance. I still use a 4 inch to make it easier to get it on without worrying it’s centers on the rail.

cjcavinaw

FNG
I've got the 4in srs arca rail and honestly wish I wouldve gone with the shorter one. No other reason than the way my rifle rests on my back in the sling the edge of the arca plate has a tendency to dig into my shoulder.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

hereinaz

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I've got the 4in srs arca rail and honestly wish I wouldve gone with the shorter one. No other reason than the way my rifle rests on my back in the sling the edge of the arca plate has a tendency to dig into my shoulder.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
I run my sling on the side and avoid that… it will dig.

OP
Elite

Elite

WKR
I put the srs mini arca on my seekins element. It is the only rifle I have with a arca rail so I have nothing else to compare it to, but I don't feel like I would want the 4"

View attachment 642787

Thanks for the feedback. How well does it balance at that mounting location

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtnwrunner

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have the 4 inch from salmon river solutions. No complaints other than if you have to hand carry the rifle sometimes and it's a bit uncomfortable but I don't do that very often. A shorter one may work a bit better for that but I like the adjustability of the 4 inch.

RandyView attachment 642832]20231109_161314.jpg20231002_075809.jpg

The longer rail poses less risk of pulling a screw out of the stock if the rifle is torqued hard upward or down while locked in.

I did the small srs arca rail for a bit but now just using a small pic rail in front of the mag well. Much less annoying to carry. I’m using one of the RRS heads that snaps right into the pic and it works well. The arca was also harder to keep from slipping in the clamp compared to a small pic rail

Jordan86

FNG
I was running the 4” rail, but I think I’m going to try the mini. The 4” was at the center balance point and bothered me when carrying the rifle at trail arms for a stalk or still hunting. I’m also trying to cut weight and I never felt like the full 4 inches of rail was necessary for mounting the rifle on my ball head. I will report back once I’ve spent more time with the mini rail.