Has anyone ordered from blackhorn209powder.com?

The price is much lower than online retailers, the default payment method is cryptocurrency, no mention of hazmat fee, and there is zero contact info. Red flags in my book. Hodgdon hasn't returned my call so just curious if someone has used this site before.
Screen Shot 2024-03-28 at 11.51.31 AM.png

OP
100 others
No knowledge of the company, but I know what the results will be if you order from them.
The original website used to be basic like this before they sold to Hodgdon so I wasn’t sure. Such a weird niche for a scam. How much cryptocurrency is even out there to be stolen in the muzzleloading community? 😅

Bluefish

WKR
The original website used to be basic like this before they sold to Hodgdon so I wasn’t sure. Such a weird niche for a scam. How much cryptocurrency is even out there to be stolen in the muzzleloading community? 😅
209 was going for stupid money. Probably a decent scam.

OP
100 others
Update: yep it’s a scam. It’s a bummer the shooting community has so many small businesses with basic websites so the scammers can blend right in.

Thanks for the responses

Dented

WKR
I think they have a sister store...

Totallynotanigerianscamsiteforstuffyouneedandcantfindbutitsreallycheap.com

😅

OP
100 others
I think they have a sister store...

Totallynotanigerianscamsiteforstuffyouneedandcantfindbutitsreallycheap.com

😅
Things are actually doing really well in Nigeria. I just had a prince offer me a bunch of money!

How much cryptocurrency is even out there to be stolen in the muzzleloading community? 😅

No shit. What a weird attempt.

I can't imagine there's very many muzzleloading curmudgeons out there who are also involved with crypto.

I'm willing to bet that the number of people who have bought pyrodex and also validated the block chain, in the same day, is zero.

OP
100 others
If you need some 209, I have a stock pile from last year. Pm me.
I’ve got enough to get by for load testing until somebody stocks up again. Trying out the bore driver eld-x at the range soon. Thanks for the offer though!

Sounds like a scam. I'd rather buy from my local Scheels or Sportsmans Warehouse during early summer. Always have at least 2 fresh containers stored in my safe.

jayhawk

WKR
I don’t care how good it looks $50 for 1/2 pound is still waaaay too much to pay