Havalon vs Outdoor Edge replaceable knives? Small fixed blade knife?

Firestone

WKR
20211109_155529.jpgI have used the outdooredge for a quite a few years. It's been awesome other then this year it didn't stay locked when I was caping out a buck. I was making the split between the antlers, putting down pressure with the blade up and the lock gave out, turning it into pair of scissors with my finger in the middle. Ended up going to the bone and tendon but never cut it, thank God. Surgical glue and 13 stitches later and all is good. I am always careful using these knives but having it cam over is something I was not expecting. Maybe there was some meat or fat gummed up in there and that's why it did it.

Yikes. Thanks for sharing.

I really think a good pair of cut gloves are worth the few ounces. I use them as light insulation as well as avoiding splinters/cuts when gathering firewood.

What Havalon knife or Outdoor Edge replaceable blade knife do you use? Also looking for a small fixed blade knife, nothing custom. Right now I only use the Victorianox paring knife.

TIA
a tyto is my choice, also carry the BM altitude, as well as a dalstrong... if leaving one home, it would be the altitude