Have Your Ever Hired a Babysitter So You Could Hunting?

Yeah I’ve hired a babysitter to go hunt an elk for me.
That could have been worded much much better. For example, you could have said you have never needed a babysitter while hunting. You could have went on and said that your really surprised at how many Roksliders need to be babysat while they are on a hunt...

As many guys here say "just sayin!"

This is tough i totally feel it also. We have one child 3 years old and feel like just this year it’s gotten easier to have him tag along. We do lots of hunting from the vehicle and get out a lot to glass while he plays. It actually worked quite well this year. And we all really enjoyed it.

I have a babysitter watch our kiddo 2-3 times a week for 3 hour increments and that’s been great to keep my cup full. I work from home so sometimes i use that time to get caught up with work or i will use it for personal time. We did do one overnight with the sitter but it was almost too hard and too short of time for a good hunt. Unfortunately my parents and our in-laws have minimal interest in their grandchild so we don’t have that to rely on. The babysitter we have hired has been amazing and we are very lucky to have her.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Yes, I have. And I have no qualms at all about doing that. You do what you gotta do. But I would never hire a random stranger to watch my kids anytime. Sometimes you just fly the mother in law out for that particular time of the year. Win/win.

When one of my daughters got an elk tag, I hired a college-aged girl we knew from church to watch my youngest daughter for a week. We only needed her two days though.

My parents are next door and my grandma has lived with my parents since my grandpa passed. My inlaws are about 20 minutes away. I have lots of babysitters but have never paid for one. I use them regularly so I can hunt or fish.

tdhanses

WKR
I see doing this no different then getting one when you and the wife go on a vacation just the two of you, we usually do it once a year for a trip, never have done it specifically to hunt but see it no different then going on an adult only trip.

We’ve never used a random, always a long term established babysitter we have used for date nights etc that we grew to trust.

hernluis

FNG
Maybe a nanny. How much would that cost for a week. 24hrs a day. Would that make me a bad parent?