Havester Evo is a no go - discontinued - Moved to a Banish 30

270quest

WKR
I placed an order thru Silencer Central on the Haverster Evo for my 22 creed about 8 weeks ago. Sent all my paperwork/fingerprints in and nothing - no emails, communication, anything. So I called in today and come to find out they were discontinued and announced to dealers at the SHOT Show....

Long story short, I moved up to a Banish 30. Plan to run it in the 7" configuration on a 5/8" DT. With the 19" barreled 22 creed, should be pretty manageable length and the weight was surprisingly low as well - I think like 10 or 11 oz.

Frustrating customer service experience so far, but we will see how the rest goes forward. Was told it should be serialized today and paperwork to me in next 48 hours.

Anyone else shooting a Backcountry 30 with good or bad to report on it? Curious the level of sound suppression on the little creed round. Have to imagine it takes it down pretty low?

matthewmt

WKR
I'm super disappointed they discontinued the EVO it does a lot for the money. I had planned on picking up a second but now I will have to find something similar or hope they made it better or find an alternative.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

hereinaz

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I'm super disappointed they discontinued the EVO it does a lot for the money. I had planned on picking up a second but now I will have to find something similar or hope they made it better or find an alternative.

Find a dealer with one in inventory.

matthewmt

WKR
Find a dealer with one in inventory.
Transfers sound expensive making the one that was posted in the deals less of a deal. Think I paid 535$ locally + stamp.

I'm sure there's a few floating around still but I'll check out what's coming in from SHOT 1st I guess.
Really like the ability to swap from 5/8 to 1/2 or QD mount on the evo. Kind of a must have with a suppressor, atleast only having one at the moment.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I have a banish 30 and while its ok, there are better options. The user serviceable thing is a joke. Its a cost cutting measure, its far cheaper for manufacturers to toss loose baffles into a tube and thread on a cap than it is to properly weld titanium. Additionally, if you don't take that cap off and clean the thing up pretty much every time you shoot it....its going to become non-user serviceable.

either pick which length you want that banish 30 to be permanently fused to or be ready to do lots of cleaning. My end cap is hopelessly stuck on, I've soaked it in kroil for a week and can't get the cap off, its now a permanent 7" can which would be fine but I have a tbac ultra 7 that is quieter, lighter and better made so the banish 30 is now my "truck" silencer.

It's not that the Banish 30 is bad, it just isnt great and it isn't really much cheaper than great silencers. You could get a scythe, hyperion K, ultra 7 etc etc for like 100.00 more. If I was buying another banish silencer, id get the back country as its actually a fully sealed lightweight silencer.

I've mentioned it before but I actually think the Banish 22 is better than my dead air mask 22 so I'm not a Banish hater, I have a few of them but it is what it is.

I love my evo can it’s been great. Like thin horn stated the banish 30 is ok the one I owned also couldn’t get apart.

I took a hit on it and bought a tbac ultra 7…

Good luck

mt100gr.

WKR
My Banish has gotten a little tight to take apart once but a couple strap wrenches solved that. Now I just break the threads loose from time to time when I think about it. Shake out the loose carbon and carry on. Mine mostly lives on my girls' .223 and if they want to to shoot rimfire it goes on those - nice to be able to clean it after rimfire shooting.

I currently have a rimfire can and another 30cal in jail, now that I have a better grasp on suppressors. When I bought the Banish I didn't know what I didn't know. I'd been around the Banish before so thats what i did and it has been a great 1st suppressor. I'd still rather shoot any rifle with the Banish 30 than bare muzzle!

bpitcher

FNG
Disappointing to hear that they discontinued the EVO. It was at the top of my list due to price and weight.

My local shop has one for $599 in the display case.

I have a banish 30 and while its ok, there are better options. The user serviceable thing is a joke. Its a cost cutting measure, its far cheaper for manufacturers to toss loose baffles into a tube and thread on a cap than it is to properly weld titanium. Additionally, if you don't take that cap off and clean the thing up pretty much every time you shoot it....its going to become non-user serviceable.

either pick which length you want that banish 30 to be permanently fused to or be ready to do lots of cleaning. My end cap is hopelessly stuck on, I've soaked it in kroil for a week and can't get the cap off, its now a permanent 7" can which would be fine but I have a tbac ultra 7 that is quieter, lighter and better made so the banish 30 is now my "truck" silencer.

It's not that the Banish 30 is bad, it just isnt great and it isn't really much cheaper than great silencers. You could get a scythe, hyperion K, ultra 7 etc etc for like 100.00 more. If I was buying another banish silencer, id get the back country as its actually a fully sealed lightweight silencer.

I've mentioned it before but I actually think the Banish 22 is better than my dead air mask 22 so I'm not a Banish hater, I have a few of them but it is what it is.

Have you tried ultra sonic?

FB Trout

Lil-Rokslider

Might even try plugging the bore with an earplug and soaking it in CLR for multiple cycles. Being a titanium can, it may loosen up the end cap.

DisplacedHusky

Lil-Rokslider
Why do you think it was discontinued? I’m sure the CS representative wouldn’t be forthcoming if it was a design flaw. But it makes me curious because it seems like they were selling well.

FB Trout

Lil-Rokslider
I did that with Kroil which is one of the best penetrating oils available.
Kroil is good stuff, no doubt. Man, in that case I’d consider shipping it to the manufacturer to see if they can break it loose. That’s a bummer, for sure.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Kroil is good stuff, no doubt. Man, in that case I’d consider shipping it to the manufacturer to see if they can break it loose. That’s a bummer, for sure.
Yeah I have a warranty claim/return label. I’m sort of just considering pretending it’s a sealed can and just shooting it.

BULLBLASTER

Lil-Rokslider
Why do you think it was discontinued? I’m sure the CS representative wouldn’t be forthcoming if it was a design flaw. But it makes me curious because it seems like they were selling well.
Silencershop lists an omega direct thread for the same price as the evo was. Could have something to do with them discontinuing it.

DisplacedHusky

Lil-Rokslider