Having a little trouble.

Broken Arrow

Lil-Rokslider
Ok if extended my range out to 50 yds (would never take a shot at a live critter less I was 8 for 10 on the range and it was an out in the open kinda shot) but my problem is if I can blur the arrow/ rise I'm in. If I can I shot wide right or left trying to stay focused on my spot. You guys that can shot instinctive at long range how do you get past your bow being in your sight window?

Mudd Foot

WKR
BA,

Have you tried canting your bow? Personally, I shot the bow vertically for years (because I thought as a self-taught traditionalist, if the Olympic archers do it that way, then it must be the best) and experienced riser block intermittently. Some days i was spot on, other days...not so much. This past summer I experimented with canting, and proved that it works for me regardless of the distance. 30 yards is my starting point because Elk are bigger than whitetails, and spot-and-stalk is much longer distance than wallow hunting.

Now the canting is this simple: 1. grip the handle with the bow down at your side' arm hanging naturally, (you will find with your arm hanging at your side that your knuckles tend to want to face to some degree forward) and 2. raise the bow up with your hand in this naturally occurring position. For me as a right-handed shooter, this canting equates to the top limb tip pointing to about 1:30 on a vertical clock face. YRMV

For me, this opens up the sight window perfectly, and I can now see the spot at any distance. My shooting has improved, largely because I'm no longer trying to see my gaps through the riser. Nothing else has changed other than a very slight commensurate angling of my string hand grip. My gaps are the same, drawing motion and posture are the same, etc.

Lastly, the above works for me regardless if I'm changing my bow-hand grip to that of heeling my straight-limbed longbow, (think Howard Hill)or if I'm using the olympic -style grip on my hybrids.

Hope this helps,

Mudd Foot