HCA carbon vs Carbon Six Tikka Prefit

Brix8984

WKR
Have it narrowed down to these two barrels for my latest tikka build. Barrel will be 21” 7prc with a scythe ti on the end. Will go with the .82 HCA or the .83 Carbon Six. Which would you go with and why? Carbon Six guarantees half moa with handloads but HCA uses benchmark blanks and is probably lighter.

Last edited:

lilharcher

Lil-Rokslider
I prefer benchmark (HCA) to McGowen (Carbon6)……with that said, I currently have a Carbon6 for my tikka and really like it.

sdupontjr

WKR
Buddy has a carbon six 7 saum 20" and loves it. Drives tacks with 160 accubonds. He's currently loading some 168 berger to test.

Archer86

WKR
Not a tikka but I have a carbon six on a remington in 6.5 creedmoor shoots good. Did have a little trouble with the first barrel I got from them but they were quick to take care of it for me and had a new barrel to me in a few weeks.

I have an HCA on a 300 Norma Improved and a C6 on 338 Norma Improved. Both shoot 5 round groups 1/2” or under consistently.

The HCA barrel does seem fast compared to some others I’ve seen shooting the same bullet and powder as I am.

The C6 seems average on speed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

OP
Brix8984

Brix8984

WKR
Thanks for the responses. I have had 2 carbon six’s and both shot well. Both had tight chambers and had to be opened up a bit. I have nothing but good things to say about them just know that benchmark blanks are considered better than McGowan is the only reason I got down this rabbit hole. I have had a nice proof as well but it wasn’t a prefit and I wish they offered more customization on there prefits.

Thanks for the responses. I have had 2 carbon six’s and both shot well. Both had tight chambers and had to be opened up a bit. I have nothing but good things to say about them just know that benchmark blanks are considered better than McGowan is the only reason I got down this rabbit hole. I have had a nice proof as well but it wasn’t a prefit and I wish they offered more customization on there prefits.

i like the idea of a benchmark blank too but I’d get a benchmark barrel then. I went 0 for 1 on an HCA. Wasn’t atrocious but wasn’t good enough to keep on a rifle.