Headlamp

Minge

FNG
Hey All,
Looking for a headlamp for walking in and out of night time thermal calling. Wanting something that is rechargeable, can switch between white and red light, can dim it down, and doesn’t have a stupid strobe light mode on it. Distance beam doesn't matter cause it’s mostly just for walking in and out of stands. Thanks guys been reading threads and just can’t find what I’m looking for.

Jethro

WKR
Sofirn

I got a couple of the Sofirn’s for the exact same thing. I don’t use a light every stand depending on how bright it is. That being said I’ve never had the battery run out.

Geewhiz

WKR
I like the black diamond headlamps. They have a direct rechargeable and also have one that has a rechargeable battery pack or runs off AAA.
I’ve got an older black diamond storm 250 and it’s been my go to for years. I can’t tell you how many overnight pack outs it’s been with me on. It’s not the brightest light in the world but it keeps working for me. It stays in my pack as my trusty backup.

I’ve got an older black diamond storm 250 and it’s been my go to for years. I can’t tell you how many overnight pack outs it’s been with me on. It’s not the brightest light in the world but it keeps working for me. It stays in my pack as my trusty backup.
I think my first one was a cosmo 300. I've had it for years. About the same for me, just good ol trusty keeps chugging along.
I've bought several different models since and have them stashed in just about every bag and car.
I'll have to take a look into those two you recommended to the op.

Ramblr

FNG
I have been happy with the Streamlight Sidewinder Compact. I covers all your criteria except rechargeable, but I suppose you could use a rechargeable Surefire CR123.

Te Hopo

Lil-Rokslider
Fenix HM50R.
easily fits in a pocket, comfortable, USB-C rechargeable but can also use CR123 batteries, has red and white lights and enough brightness settings to see plenty no matter the terrain

Luked

WKR
I have a rechargable Fenix and really like it.
Its BRIGHT on max power.