Healthy addictions....

Broomd

WKR
So my wife was cleaning up my closet and started hassling me about my KUIU hats. Says I have too many and that I'm addicted to ball caps.
Wha...?! I says. I told her things could be worse, I'm a good husband! Don't drink, smoke, chew, gamble, chase skirt.
And 98% of the time I'm cleaning my own closet!
Anybody else around here get chided about the gear or is this simply 'a given'?

Attachments

• IMG_3269.JPG
    IMG_3269.JPG
    301.4 KB · Views: 179

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I've got a ton of ball caps, and every single one of them is sweated out. It doesn't take much and a new hat has sweat stains in a day......even just wearing it around town. But my most healthy addiction is coffee.:)

Bowfisher

FNG
Best thing I've learned it to go on the offensive. Jump them about spending too much on clothes and not contributing enough to the bottom line, they will leave your stuff alone after that.;)

Apollo117

WKR
Invite several bachelor friends over. I think zap said he's free this weekend. Your friends will remind her of how you could be if you weren't married. If they're good friends you won't even have to tell them why you invited them over. They'll just know to leave the opened bag of chips on the table, or leave the toilet seat up.

I have a habit of buying hats also. Mostly I wear the crap out of them or forget where I put it. I “almost” feel bad for the money that I spend on hunting.

My wife used to give me grief about having too many bamboo flyrod‘s but than she realize that whenever she would go on a rant, I would just go buy another one. It seems to work out best when we both stop paying attention and stop counting.
abc6c6f67c7f833d8e9dda06b5b0ce2b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dtrkyman

WKR
I collect broadheads, they are packed away currently after a move.

I have over a 1000 individual heads and hundreds of variations.

Got into it when I managed a pro shop

DavePwns

WKR
I am definitely addicted to investing my money and letting it grow long term (15-25 years) with index funds, 401k, a few stocks I like and a ROTH IRA. We live on a tight budget now and plan to build up to the point where we are living on passive income from rental properties and dividend stocks to have my money make me money. Currently we are saving 40-50% of all income to go into investments each month. It's money I won't see now, but when I do see it, it will have exponentialy grown.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I am definitely addicted to investing my money and letting it grow long term (15-25 years) with index funds, 401k, a few stocks I like and a ROTH IRA.

I still do that now, and I'm retired but I'm a fairly active trader. But it's not really an addiction for me.......I just enjoy it.

SPC

FNG
I have an extensive knife collection, at one point I had at least 4 knives within reach anywhere you were in my house. The only time my wife gives me a hard time about it is when I try to buy new ones. I usually try to come up with a quick reason as to why I need another.

My fiancé simply doesn’t understand why I need it all! Worst part is.. she makes a valid point