Heated socks or insoles

Jake_B

Lil-Rokslider
Anyone try heated socks or insoles while hunting? How well do they work?

Bucky

Lil-Rokslider
I used the battery operated ones while sitting for whitetails. They did work good for a couple times out but when they needed to be washed was an issue. Great to wear 1 time but not worth the money when there are better quality socks out there

MMK

FNG
I use thermocell insoles for late season whitetail. I like them, they come with a remote so I can turn them on when my feet are cold and off when warm to conserve battery life.

keepriding

Lil-Rokslider
By chance are your feet sweating? I kept on buying better insulated boots and socks years ago till I realized that my socks were wet from foot sweat. They even sweat in shoes at work.
For my issue I have found that lighter insulated boots and good wool socks to work best for me. I still have to put them on the boot drier at the end of the day but my feet stay warmer now as they don’t sweat as bad.

I tried those Thermacell ones one time, they sucked and I returned them. The chemical ones with the adhesive that stick to your socks are much warmer for longer.

keepriding

Lil-Rokslider
Sometimes I wear wool socks around the house only to get cold feet. I find that the small amount of sweat is evaporating directly from my skin thus cooling them. If I pair them with a sock liner, problem solved.
By wicking away the moisture you eliminate the evaporation which is what cools your skin.
Same thing inside a boot.
Personally I’d save the cash and buy a good boot like the Baffin Apex.

danarnold

WKR
Sometimes I wear wool socks around the house only to get cold feet. I find that the small amount of sweat is evaporating directly from my skin thus cooling them. If I pair them with a sock liner, problem solved.
By wicking away the moisture you eliminate the evaporation which is what cools your skin.
Same thing inside a boot.
Personally I’d save the cash and buy a good boot like the Baffin Apex.
I found some baffin's on ebay a few years ago, best cure for my cold whitetail sits.

so many neg reviews on the tcell insoles

Fisherhahn

Lil-Rokslider
Love my thermacell inserts. I use them for late season whitetail hunting as well as lots of ice fishing. Lots of guys say they are no good because they expect them to be like the chemical footwarmers. The chemical ones feel hot on your feet, the thermacells don’t make your feet hot like that but they don’t feel cold at all. Love being able to turn on and off. Keep off while walking and on after sitting a while. With chemical ones if you put them on and then walk your feet are sweating the whole time. If you wait to get out and then put them in you have to take boots off in the field and more than once I’ve lost my balance and put my sock in the snow while sticking a chemical one on.

Marble

WKR
You can always put antiperspirant on the soles of your feet and around your feet to try and reduce sweating.

I do it in the somet and it helps keep my boots dry and smelling decent.

Watrdawg

Lil-Rokslider
By chance are your feet sweating? I kept on buying better insulated boots and socks years ago till I realized that my socks were wet from foot sweat. They even sweat in shoes at work.
For my issue I have found that lighter insulated boots and good wool socks to work best for me. I still have to put them on the boot drier at the end of the day but my feet stay warmer now as they don’t sweat as bad.
My feet sweat also. One thing that works for me is to spray them down with the aerosol deodorant. This really helps keep my feet dry so they don't get as cold.