Hello from California

Ching

FNG
I am from the Sacramento area, where waterfowl is world class, but big game leaves you wanting more. Howdy y’all.

OP
C

Ching

FNG
How is hunting in Southern California? There are draw opportunities, but I haven’t put in for them. Southern California doesn’t seem like hunting and hunters are tolerated. How are the duck clubs down there?

There are not many duck clubs down here, it is mostly refuge hunting, and not worth being up all night long. I gave up on waterfowl in southern Ca years ago. Deer and pig hunting can be good, if you really know your chit, But it is work, lots of work. Northern Ca is way way better. So for hunting sake, be happy your are in Northern Ca.

Keedman

FNG
I hunted ducks up north once it was magical compared to socal lol.
Got my first deer in the Gilroy region to.
Welcome aboard Rokslide.

OP
C

Ching

FNG
Do you guys get the feeling that there are lots of places to hunt in California, with relatively low hunter levels, but not a high number of game animals around?

lukew

FNG
I'm from Sacramento too! Never been duck hunting though... Haven't had a chance to figure out the reservation system at Yolo Bypass... apparently you have to wait in line at like 3am?

Yeah...Sacramento is loaded with quacks...especially around 10th Street.
Welcome to the party pal.