Hello from Missouri

Diamond K

FNG
Wanted to introduce myself. I have been following the site for a while now and decided to join. I am not new to the sport of backpacking or hunting but continue to learn daily. As a 5th generation rancher that grew up hunting I always dreamed of hunting the mountains. My first elk hunt was in 1978 and a lot of things have changed in that time. One of the best things is the advancement of backpack suspension system and the quality of foot wear. I started out with an aluminum frame that didn't have a waist belt, the shoulder straps were little more than a nylon strap. But is was better than what my hunting partner had which was a military pack board. My boots were the same pair I worked in every day. Leather treated with mink oil and a Vibram sole. They would freeze at night making it a chore to get on. 31 of the 34 elk taken since have come out on my back. Also packed out have been deer, bear, caribou, Mt goat and a cougar. Back before our children were born I would hunt 6-7 week in 3 states. Start out early September in the back country of Idaho for elk, deer and bear. Then to Wyoming for antelope and finish up mid October in Colorado for elk. Well that is enough about me. So houdee ya'll!