Hell’s canyon speed 300wm ammo

What ammo does everyone’s 300 win mag x bolt hells canyon speed like?

I am unsure of what round to go with. All these places lately only allow one box purchase

Last edited:
OP
F
I think it was the Barnes 165??? That shot the best in that rifle? So far only able to find 180 grain hornady sst

Mine shoots the Barnes 165 grain TTSX’s sub MOA at 3,160 fps. I have only shot one deer with this ammo at 145 yds. DRT I shoot the Barnes ammunition in four different calibers/rifles and it has yet to fail me and all are MOA or sub.

OP
F
Wish I could find the Barnes in stock somewhere.

I’ll shoot the hornadys to sight the rifle in the. Fine tune it with the Barnes

My Speed 30 06 shot the Barnes TTSX, Hornady ELDX and Federal Trophy Bonded Tip < 1 MOA. It shot the Federal Fusion about 1 MOA. Went with the Federal TBT's, got 5 boxes with the same lot #. It seemed to like all of them. It did not like the Browning or the HSM ammo. Don't know if I got a bad batch of both, but the Browning was all over the place and the HSM was not much better and very dirty.

iHunt*

Lil-Rokslider
I’m on my fourth X-bolt and all of them seem to like Hornady the best. My 300 is currently dialed for Nosler 180g Accubonds with sub MOA accuracy.

bcv

Lil-Rokslider
I've got a speed and max long range... Hornady Precision Hunters is the most accurate off the shelf ammo I've tried. Mine did not like the Barnes Long Range.

Wassid82

WKR
I have barnes LRX 190 gr and Hornady ELD-x both shoot really well for me in this exact gun

stonecw

FNG
I’m currently shooting Federal Premium Nosler Accubond 180gr. I am interested in finding an alternate in case I can’t find this when I need it.

stonecw

FNG
My Speed 30 06 shot the Barnes TTSX, Hornady ELDX and Federal Trophy Bonded Tip < 1 MOA. It shot the Federal Fusion about 1 MOA. Went with the Federal TBT's, got 5 boxes with the same lot #. It seemed to like all of them. It did not like the Browning or the HSM ammo. Don't know if I got a bad batch of both, but the Browning was all over the place and the HSM was not much better and very dirty.
What distances are you shooting these?

Since that time I got a Browning XBolt Max Long Range in 300 Win Mag. Shooting Pendelton custom ammo set up for my rifle. Shot an elk last year at 505 yards, spot on. 220 grain Hornady ELDX < 1 inch MOA. Same trip I shot a mule deer at 100 yards. Both shots were 1 shot kills!!!!! It also shoots 180 grain Federal TBT's < 1 inch MOA.

My friend shot a coyote at 200 yards with my gun!!!!

LightFoot

WKR
Federal Terminal Ascent.... if you can find it.

Hornady Precision Hunter shoots well in most rifles.

Good luck.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

stonecw

FNG
What distances are you shooting these?
Since that time I got a Browning XBolt Max Long Range in 300 Win Mag. Shooting Pendelton custom ammo set up for my rifle. Shot an elk last year at 505 yards, spot on. 220 grain Hornady ELDX < 1 inch MOA. Same trip I shot a mule deer at 100 yards. Both shots were 1 shot kills!!!!! It also shoots 180 grain Federal TBT's < 1 inch MOA.

My friend shot a coyote at 200 yards with my gun!!!!
Can you please send me a PM? I have an area specific question.

dv8pnt

FNG
Federal Terminal Ascent.... if you can find it.

Hornady Precision Hunter shoots well in most rifles.

Good luck.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
I shoot hornady precision hunter 200 grain eldx out of my weatherby vanguard 300 win mag. They shoot great.

Pinyon

FNG
I have the same rifle and have had surprisingly good results with Federal Premium 180 grain Partitions in factory ammo. Getting 1 3/4" groups at 200 yards, and I have always liked the terminal performance of those projectiles. Also in factory ammo, the Federal rounds loaded with the 180 grain Scirroco II bullets has performed pretty well with groups right at 1 MOA.