HELP! Bino post for narrow IPD?

Hey y'all, I seem to have a really narrow interpupillary distance that can make using some bino's and tripod adapter posts a bit of a challenge/impossibility for me. I've been using the Vortex Pro Adapters, and just got some GPO Passion HD's, and the post is just barely a tad bit too wide for me to be able to see perfectly through the binos. I tried using my friend's 15x Meopta/Cabela's last fall with the same post and couldn't even get close to being able to see through them.

So, I'm seeking the help of those who own either the Outdoorsman or Mutnt post, and some calipers. Measuring down 25mm from the center of the stud hole (measurement A), I want to know the width of the post at that point (measurement B). On the Vortex post it measures about 7mm.

PXL_20220522_150925453.jpg

Any help here is appreciated! I'm also considering just switching to a bino mount like the Leica Stabilite or RRS Bino Cinch, but I do really like the post & stud mounting style; it just seems right to me.

I'm narrow betwixt the lookers, too. I use the outdoorsman short mount on my 10x Meopta's and Tracts with no problem. On my 15x Meoptas, it is too thick. On them I use a homemade strap or bungie mount. I can't measure the Outdoorsmans for you because I live in America. We use inches, not mm's, here.....grin

mcr-85

WKR

PM me!

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

OP
BroccoliRob
I'm narrow betwixt the lookers, too. I use the outdoorsman short mount on my 10x Meopta's and Tracts with no problem. On my 15x Meoptas, it is too thick. On them I use a homemade strap or bungie mount. I can't measure the Outdoorsmans for you because I live in America. We use inches, not mm's, here.....grin
It does seem like the Outdoorsman would work fine with my 10's, but might still restrict any 15x options.

I would really love to stick with a post style adapter, but would also like to have the same system for all my binos. I'm leaning towards a "plate & strap" adapter like the Bog Pod mentioned above.

I don't have any experience with them, but I'm not crazy about the idea of clamp/cinch style adapters like the Aziak. It seems like the binos would be too close to the tripod head, and offset from it too.

If my homemade one works so well, I'd bet the store bought ones would too.....

IMG_3315_zpsguclpzko.jpg