Help me move on from Lumenoks

Mikido

WKR
They are all I’ve known.

Pros
-easy on/off
-strong battery/light

Cons
-easy on/off (50% success rate of staying on during flight and when stopped, during hunting)
-expensive

Tips?

Ac338

WKR
I’ve never used lumenoks, I prefer Bohning A nocks or similar with onestringer reflective arrow wraps. They light up really well when you hit them with a flashlight searching for your arrow. A hell of a lot cheaper and makes refletching a little easier

Zdub02

WKR
Take em out.

In all seriousness I've been having poor luck with them staying lit while passing through deer. Thinking about going back to a standard non lighted or trying nocturnals.

OP
Mikido

Mikido

WKR
I’ve never used lumenoks, I prefer Bohning A nocks or similar with onestringer reflective arrow wraps. They light up really well when you hit them with a flashlight searching for your arrow. A hell of a lot cheaper and makes refletching a little easier
How does it help fletching?

Ac338

WKR
I just meant it’s easier to peel the wrap off to refletch instead of scraping glue off the carbon

OP
Mikido

Mikido

WKR
Appreciate the advice, I grabbed some reflective wrap off Amazon

I’ve had really good luck with nokturnals so far. I’ve heard great things about the firenocks but haven’t had enough reason to switch yet.

I always liked Nocturnals. We always had issues with Luminocks turning off when they hit. We spent more time looking for those arrows at night hunting rabbits.

Amazon version of nocturnals is what I've used for the last 8+ years. Sometimes you get one that likes to turn on when clipped onto the string but it's easy to trim and they are way cheaper than buying full price.

N2TRKYS

WKR
I’ve been using Nufletch lighted nocks and never had a lighting or durability issue with them. I regularly reuse them after shooting through bucks. They just work like they’re supposed to and are very bright.

Appreciate the advice, I grabbed some reflective wrap off Amazon
I used to only use reflective wraps, just cuz it made finding arrows so much easier, till I discovered a uv light now that will light up some stuff. Just makes your vanes glow. I think it's easier to find than reflective wraps. And must vanes light up. Not all do but most of the aae do. Just a cheap uv light off Amazon. https://a.co/d/c5v5MgS

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

You can kinda see how they light up, but I haven't shot an animal and used this to find the arrow. I have found arrows when I missed the target though. Also I've heard good things about the deepower lighted nocks on Amazon. They're like $20 for 6, similar to nockturnals but have a switch to turn the off instead of needing a little tip.
3886f8109ae9efdf3d8bec219454dc41.jpg

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

mod-it

Lil-Rokslider
I live in Idaho and this is the first year I've tried a lighted nock, illegal until just last year. I bought some Nocturnals to try for this year.
The ones I used this year for archery elk I did not shoot more than one arrow at a spot when using them to keep from damaging them with another arrow.
This year when I shot an elk, the nock broke during the shot. It had a huge nock right kick on the way to the elk, which is why I'm convinced the nock broke during the shot. I would guess that the nock was shot somewhere between 50-80 times before I shot the elk. I am OCD about my bow tune and checking the bow tune afterwards showed that everything was still good.
The outer portion of the nock was completely gone when I recovered the arrow, which was stuck in the dirt behind where the elk had been standing, just the shank and light bulb remained. BH tip showed zero sign of hitting anything hard, still had a very sharp point. The arrow had gone between two ribs going in and a blade clipped a rib on the way out. Certainly no real hard impact.
Seems like a very brittle nock to me, very lucky I wasn't left with a blown up bow and poorly hit elk.
I am very unimpressed with Nocturnal nocks.
I have a set of Luminocks on the way to see if they're a bit more resilient, sure hope so. I do really like how visible a lighted nock is, but my experience sure doesn't leave me feeling very warm and fuzzy about them just yet.

I stopped using them because the most they truly do is help your eye track your POI. I did find them useful 1x when it was after dark and I left one on so I could easily locate my gear after a tracking job. I use reflect wraps now. I had wraps then too but I just changed them to reflective at zero weight penalty