Help me value this old Browning Sweet 16

I agree with the assessments. Gave $900 for one on GunBroker 2 years ago and felt like I made out well. Awesome gauge and one of the most nostalgic shotguns ever made. Such a fine piece that I waterfowl with a new age A5 12 and bought a new age sweet 16 for upland that I swap back and forth between.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

ChemE

FNG
I agree with the assessments. Gave $900 for one on GunBroker 2 years ago and felt like I made out well. Awesome gauge and one of the most nostalgic shotguns ever made. Such a fine piece that I waterfowl with a new age A5 12 and bought a new age sweet 16 for upland that I swap back and forth between.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
Nostalgic is an excellent description. This gun isn't rough at all. I would totally keep this gun and enjoy it if it were me but that's just me

What the barrel is choked does a lot for the price. Improved cylinder-mod being the most desired. If it's full someone can open it up, but that's an additional cost.

Right barrel and right person it might go 1200 I think, tho with the right sellers they fetch more than that.

If you decide to keep it, keep in mind the limitations. No steel, bismuth or lead only. Many use steel if they aren't tightly choked, stay smaller than #2's and 1450 or slower, but as you have found a replacement barrel is hard to come by, if it were to bulge.

OP
Newtosavage
Nostalgic is an excellent description. This gun isn't rough at all. I would totally keep this gun and enjoy it if it were me but that's just me
I've learned enough about myself to know that I only keep guns I actually use, or true family heirloom guns with a known history (like my father-in-law's SxS and the revolver my mother-in-law gave him as a wedding gift). Otherwise, if I ain't using them, I want to get them in the hands of someone who will.

So this gun will be for sale. Locally first, because I have several boxes of vintage high brass paper and plastic hull ammo that should go with it.

If it doesn't sell locally, I'll list it on GunBroker, as that's where the buyers seem to be for these old A5's.

Thanks for all the help and advice!