Help needed Looking for good socks

J.J.Boo

Lil-Rokslider
Hi everyone! I have been looking into getting good socks and seeing what everyone is using. Looking for the best liner sock along with best sock for cold weather and a good sock for when I am hiking in the summer on hot days. Appreciate y’all 👍🏼🏹

jmden

WKR
Bridgedale CoolMax liners and Bridgedale Summit Knee socks for the outer layer when colder or regular Summit socks if not so cold.

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
As a guy who has tested their 100% Exchange warranty 3 times now I can honestly say that Darn Tough is the most comfortable socks I have ever worn. I use about 8 pair and cycle through them daily. They have held up to 4 years of hard use the few I did replace was because I wore out the bottoms and all Merino wool was gone. That was after 2.5 years though. They where like Panty Hose on the bottoms when I sent them in. That was early on in their years. I have another 4 pairs that have lasted through many hard miles and washing every week.

Darn Tough is all I wear now.

SoTxShooter

Lil-Rokslider
Another vote for Darn Tough. I really like my mid weight hikers. I also have a pair of Farm to Feet light weight socks that I like as well. If I had to compare the two, I’d give the edge to Darn Tough.

Jimss

WKR
I guess I'm the first not to try darn tough! My preference is Thorlos, Smartwool, and Bridgedale that I've used and abused for years mostly in Alaska, Colo, and Wyo. They come in different thickness and also have extra padding in the soles and other sensitive areas of the foot. The thin socks I wear in the summer have extra padding in the bottoms of the feet with thinner material elsewhere. Some of the thorlos are super thin with padding in the bottom and lace areas of the foot. My preference is socks that breath and dry quickly. I'm not a fan of cotton. I never wear liners.

*zap*

WKR
For warmer weather I have found that approx. 50% merino/50% synthetic works best for me. I can wear them multiple days before they feel cruddy. I use smartwool PHD for that.

I have a pair of midweight Darn Toughs that I like and wanted some lightweight ones and went back and fourth between Darn Tough and Farm to Feet.. I tried several of each and ended up keeping the Farm to Feet Madison Lightweights. Worn them a few times since and they are the most comfortable socks I've ever worn.

between Darn Tough and Smartwool there is "the perfect sock for every occasion" but I'm sure there are others
I used to like the KUIU socks but they're spendy and shrink more than they should, even when handwashed

All I wear is the merino wool socks from Costco. At $12 for a 4-pack, they can't be beat and seem to be very durable, I rarely get a hole in any. I have about 5 packs in reserve and usually buy a pack every year.