Help needed Looking for good socks

Wheels

WKR
I’ve got several pair of Darn Tough socks and love them, but the Lorpen merino socks I bought off of Camofire 10 years ago really surprised me, still going and comfortable.

Best sock system I found (for me anyway) is the Kenetrek Ultimate Liner worn under the Kenetrek Alaska wool socks.
The Alaska Socks have padding on the shin, heel, and toe making them really comfortable.

Last edited:

mcseal2

WKR
I wear the Darn Tough full cushion boot socks all year. I find my feet stay drier with the thick sock and feel better after a day of walking in my old worn out work boots. I bought them for winter but they worked so well I just wear them year round.

kipper09

WKR
I’ve tried about every sock I can find and darn tough are by far the toughest and their warranty is great. But for the best fitting socks I think FITS is the best. FITS is about all I wear anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grambo

Lil-Rokslider
Darn Tough and Firstlite . Like with boots everyones feet are a little different . I also find a good sockliner

SB1

FNG
Darn Tough work best for me, and I like that they have a range of cushion levels (seemingly more than other brands) so I could really dial them in for my boots. I run the thinner versions (Spur Boot Light) - they fit my insulated beartooths perfectly.

JD1010

FNG
All I wear is the merino wool socks from Costco. At $12 for a 4-pack, they can't be beat and seem to be very durable, I rarely get a hole in any. I have about 5 packs in reserve and usually buy a pack every year.
Another vote for first lite and Darn tough. Kuiu are up there also

oake

Lil-Rokslider
I've been running Fits, Farm to Feet and Smartwool.

I can't really identify much difference, but I am in wool socks daily, just don't wear cotton socks at all anymore.

OP
J

J.J.Boo

Lil-Rokslider
thank you to everyone i appreciate the help and will be looking into Darn Tough.

anyone have suggestions on liner socks?

Mitch291

FNG
I have darn tough and first lite and I wear the first lite more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I much prefer thermax liners vs coolmax whether warm or cold. High merino percent in cold weather and a thinner less merino in warm weather. I get all my socks on the cheap at the Wigwam outlet store. They make socks for many of the brand names.

rhusby28

Lil-Rokslider
After reading all the post I might have to try some Darn Tough socks, but I’ve had really good luck with the Smartwool socks I’ve owned.

Looks like I’ll be ordering some darn tough socks now. Always wore budget Walmart socks so it’ll be nice to try better quality.