Help needed on a Hilleberg

Kindo

WKR
I'm hoping to get some opinions from those with experience with Hillebergs.

I'm kicking around the idea of a Nallo 3 or Nallo 3 GT.

Is the extended vestibule of the GT worth it for possibly sacrificing available pitching areas or is it a moot point for the most part?

Would someone possibly be better served to just get a Nallo 4 and have more inner tent room while maintaining the standard size vestibule?

Thanks!

Is the extended vestibule of the GT worth it for possibly sacrificing available pitching areas or is it a moot point for the most part?

Would someone possibly be better served to just get a Nallo 4 and have more inner tent room while maintaining the standard size vestibule?

Thanks!

Personally I would got with the Nalo 3 GT. We stayed in one at about 12,000ft in elevation for a week. Its was a downpour for a solid 3 days. The extended vestibule was perfect to have that way you can stick your boots and stuff on the outside and not worry about them getting wet. Its just kind of a pain having everything all in the tent specially if you re out walking and some of your stuff gets wet by chance. I personally don't want the wet stuff inside the tent, that's why having the extended vestibule is awesome to have.

Personally I would got with the Nalo 3 GT. We stayed in one at about 12,000ft in elevation for a week. Its was a downpour for a solid 3 days. The extended vestibule was perfect to have that way you can stick your boots and stuff on the outside and not worry about them getting wet. Its just kind of a pain having everything all in the tent specially if you re out walking and some of your stuff gets wet by chance. I personally don't want the wet stuff inside the tent, that's why having the extended vestibule is awesome to have.

Thanks Scott, that's kind of the way I'm leaning as well. Just wanted to get some real world experiences.

I can’t agree more. Having the GT, will be something you thank yourself for time and time again. My nallo 3 gt has been through some stuff!
3f7de1aea924c043c7bb269444e185f8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If weight is not a concern the GT. I used a Nallo 2 last year and the side door on the GT would be nice. The slope of the door/zipper on the Nallo makes reaching the zipper in the down position a little more challenging than a side entry tent. I still liked the tent and still have it and an Akto that I will use this year.

Thanks!

I’ve got the Hilleberg Nammatj 3 GT and it’s overkill for my needs for a solo hunt but it’s well worth it despite the additional weight of the vestibule. It weighs 8 # plus but when you are stuck in the bad weather, you will thank Hilleberg. I bought mine from Rokslide classifieds and got a great deal on a almost new tent or I would have bought the Nallo 2 GT for solo hunting. The Nallo 2 GT weighs about 6 #s so it’s certainly lighter than my Nammatj. But I’m not an ounce counter. You won’t find a better tent maker then Hilleberg. Take care of it and it will last a lifetime. The Vestibule is well worth the additional weight like some of the other folks have said, you can store your wet stuff there. And it depends on how you are hunting, solo or with 2-3 buddies. A 3 GT is certainly big enough for solo or with just one other buddy. But 3 hunters in the 3GT will be really cramped. Good luck with your search...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
a9d42367229ad72a939c0b7fa68310b9.jpg

Last edited:
like others have said- you wont be sorry for getting the GT. it's really nice to have that mud room effect for cooking and gear storage and if your out with a buddy and weathered in it will be a LOT more comfortable in the GT, unless your with your significant other.

Back