Help with ideas, how to attach shoulder harness to treestand

rj2

WKR
I'm trying to attach some kuiu suspension to an xop hang on.

The hip belt has 2 straps that should work good, and the load lifters will work good with a few extra 3/4" straps and triglides.

My dilemma is that the shoulder harness doesn't really have any straps or attachment points. Only has the stiff side of some Velcro patches sewn/glued on, and the 2 little T Track stand offs that I just threw paracord on for now.

Anyone have some creative ideas how to fix the shoulder straps to the platform better? I have access to a regular sewing machine but I don't know it it could go through the shoulder harness.

20200901_122150.jpg

20200901_122157.jpg

WoodBow

WKR
You could make a semi rigid loop side velcro panel that attaches to platform. Then it would be easy on and off. Just loud. But i dont expect you intend to remove it in the woods.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

OP
rj2

rj2

WKR
You could make a semi rigid loop side velcro panel that attaches to platform. Then it would be easy on and off. Just loud. But i dont expect you intend to remove it in the woods.

yea, it would never be coming off. how would you connect the velcro panel to the platform?

WoodBow

WKR
yea, it would never be coming off. how would you connect the velcro panel to the platform?
You could sew velcro loops to it or even paracord. I would do velcro. Plan out where it will wrap around platform and sew it there.

OP
rj2

rj2

WKR
does anyone know of any velcro backed molle panels?

WoodBow

WKR
If you can draw a picture to scale of the shape/size of the patch and where you want attachment points, i can make it for you. But it will be a week or two. Im about to leave for a hunt. I am fairly competent on a sewing machine.
3722fe64fe38d32af2494f8502cbd444.jpg
642ce43f600cdf6f9979ca51b0ceb64a.jpg

Reactions: rj2

goodorbit

Lil-Rokslider
You can get adhesive backed Velcro and put that on the stand, then use those mini straps or para cord to secure the harness. I did that with a summit this year and it works well. there's more surface area on those platforms though. If you want some Velcro, reach out to me and I'll send you some, had to buy like 5' and used 18".

OP
rj2

rj2

WKR
well I ordered a little 5.11 molle pouch that has vertical on one side and horizontal on the other. Then I ordered some 4" loop strips. I figured I could make 1 with molle running each direction. I'll just cut the pouch apart and then attach the loop velcro to the back of each piece. Then I should be able to use 3/4" or 1" webbing from the molle to the platform.

Know of any fabric glue that is permanent? I figured I would glue the loop strips to the back of the molle pieces and just sew around the edges to keep it from peeling. But I want something permanent. epoxy or contact cement or something?

BCoker

FNG
I have glued velcro to the foam inside a Pelican case with contact cement from a hardware store and from Tandy leather. I had about a 75% success rate with it holding but I was attaching it to open cell foam.