Help with rings!

My two deer rifles currently are set up with Talley one piece rings, but I would like to make the switch over to rails and rings simply for the ease of switching optics around without the need to re-level them. I’ve got Leupold Backcountry rails for them both now, but I’m trying to figure out what rings to use.

The rifles are:

Winchester M70 EW MB .308 w/ a Zeiss Conquest V4 3-12

Weatherby Vanguard Talon in 6.5 Creedmoor with a Vortex Razor HD LHT 3-15x42

I like getting new deer rifles but I don’t like spending the same money on good glass for every rifle so I’m hoping to be able to use these for a while, and maybe add one more good scope in the next year or two.

Am I crazy? Or is this a good idea?

The OCD Nerd in me wants the fancy Zeiss rings with the level in them to match the scope, but $200 seems silly for rings.

I can get a pretty good deal on Leupold Open Country Rings. Any reviews on those?

Thanks for any and all input!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

morgaj1

WKR
I have never used the Leupold rings you reference. However, the Zeiss rings have not performed well, with some seeing the scope slip in them.

I have used the Seekins rings for a while and are the sweet spot for reliability vs cost for me.

I don't think scope rings are the best spot to save money on a rifle. I personally use ARC M-Brace rings for all of my scopes but there are a bunch of brands like Seekins, Nightforce, MDT, Hawkins, UM, etc that make good reliable rings.