Talley Rings

coachmks

FNG
Just bought a new Weatherby Vanguard Talon in 6.5prc. Looking at the Talley lightweight rings/base combo. The Talley site does not explain the difference between the standard and extended versions. I am guessing the extended version gives extra space to adjust for eye relief. Is that correct? I have always used Leupold bases/rings, but the Talley setup looks like something I want to try.

Yes, usually one of the rings and I think its the front ring allows you extra spacing should you need to for your scope. Even Leupold has an extended base for their rings and these would work the same.

OP
C

coachmks

FNG
I liked and wanted to use the Talley rings, but I went with a small and light weight scope. The Talley’s did not give me enough room to set eye relief. I ended up going with a pic rail and Vortex rings.

ndsportsman

Lil-Rokslider
I have only used one set of Talley rings thus far, but I will buy more in the future, they are a solid set of rings of excellent quality and craftsmanship.

OP
C

coachmks

FNG
I have the medium height 1” lightweight extended to fit a Weatherby Vanguard but they are sitting on my garage shelf since I changed mounts.