HHA Sight Tape Speed

MartinD-35

Lil-Rokslider
Has anyone found a chart that shows the relationship between HHA’s sight tape numbers and the launch velocity of the bow?

Coffindaffer

Lil-Rokslider
You aren't going to find anything of the nature. Theres way more to what causes POI differences for an arrow.

How far is your sight past your riser?
How high is your peep sight from your nocking point?
How far is your peep sight from your eye at full draw?

All these things play a big factor in what sight tape you need.

Honestly, even the sight in method from HHA and Spot Hogg isn't perfect. It has too much wiggle room in my opinion

I usually carefully note the exact 20 and 60 yardage spots, plus an additional mark at 70 or 80.

Then peel it off and hold it up to the tapes until one lines up.

You aren't going to find anything of the nature. Theres way more to what causes POI differences for an arrow.

How far is your sight past your riser?
How high is your peep sight from your nocking point?
How far is your peep sight from your eye at full draw?

All these things play a big factor in what sight tape you need.

Honestly, even the sight in method from HHA and Spot Hogg isn't perfect. It has too much wiggle room in my opinion

I usually carefully note the exact 20 and 60 yardage spots, plus an additional mark at 70 or 80.

Then peel it off and hold it up to the tapes until one lines up.
Exactly my experience as well and I also just mark the 20 and 60 then hold up a tape until it matches for every adjustable sight I've had.

JStol5

WKR
I usually check my 20, 30, 40, 50, 60, 70, and 80 marks on my sight tape. I shoot an HHA and although this process is a little tedious I get very accurate sight tapes. Checking 20 and 60 isn’t enough in my opinion.

Coffindaffer

Lil-Rokslider
Exactly my experience as well and I also just mark the 20 and 60 then hold up a tape until it matches for every adjustable sight I've had.

Definitely just too precise of a process.

you can certainly narrow it down to a small range of sight tapes with some type of FPS:tape number chart, but you definitely couldn't find the exact one with a chronograph reading.