High impact at further distances?

MT257

WKR
Shooting a vxr 31.5 with 5 pin MBG ascent verdict. I have 20-60 sighted in. I am making my own sight tape with a post it note. I moved back and got 70 and 80 set. Then I moved back to 90. I was impacting high, but if I move my sight up enough to account for the high hit my mark on the sight tape would be half the distance between my 70 and 80 marks on the tape. I’m guessing my anchos slightly changing/moving. What would be the cause of this? How does one fix this? I think my gaps should be growing at further distances?

The physics of arrow flight don't lie. The arrow continuously slows down and vertical drop per yard continuously increases...in other words, pin gaps should grow with increasing yardage (once you get beyond ultra-short range where the height difference between the rest and peep can cause counterintuitive pin placement). If your pin gaps aren't growing as yardage increases, it's because something else is changing, most likely anchor point. A kisser or nose button on the string might help with improving anchor point consistency.

Zac

WKR
Opening your jaw up can really help at those longer distances. Looks funny but shoot with your mouth open.

summs

Lil-Rokslider
They more you crank down your sight, the more you have to squeeze your face to see center the sight housing in the peep. Your lip and nose anchor don't move, but the bow sight moves up causing a steeper angle.

OP
M

MT257

WKR
The physics of arrow flight don't lie. The arrow continuously slows down and vertical drop per yard continuously increases...in other words, pin gaps should grow with increasing yardage (once you get beyond ultra-short range where the height difference between the rest and peep can cause counterintuitive pin placement). If your pin gaps aren't growing as yardage increases, it's because something else is changing, most likely anchor point. A kisser or nose button on the string might help with improving anchor point consistency.
I have the nose button on the string. I am wondering if when shooting at further distance as the sight gets lower if I am incorrectly moving my bow arm up instead of bending at the waist to keep the "T form"?

Is there any way you can set up a camera to watch your form when you shoot at this distance? I know that at least for my samsung phone, I can set my super slow mo video to trigger on motion. I can usually get a pretty good idea of what I'm doing from that.

That's definitely a weird scenario if you were able to consistently repeat this issue shooting sets jumping back and forth between 70, 80, and 90.

It's from your anchor sliding.

Try setting your peep at a further distance, like 45-50 yards. That puts the peep in the mid range of where your sight can be, whereas if you place the peep at 20, everything beyond that you are coming out of alignment, becomes really obvious at 60-70 yards.

It's from your anchor sliding.

Try setting your peep at a further distance, like 45-50 yards. That puts the peep in the mid range of where your sight can be, whereas if you place the peep at 20, everything beyond that you are coming out of alignment, becomes really obvious at 60-70 yards.
This is what I think it is as well I had a problem with it and ultimately decided to just get a fixed 7 pin as the amount of times I shoot past 80 or 90 is very slim and I can keep my anchor no matter the yardage

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

S.Clancy

WKR
Two guesses:

1. You're anchoring slightly lower on your face so your sight is centered in your peep.

2. You are "peaking" on the shot, not following thru and causing high impact. I tend to do this at longer distances

OP
M

MT257

WKR
Well may not be the best answer/solution, but swapped back to my finger puncher and things are looking better.