Hill Style/ASL Longbows Anyone?

That's how I started in traditional archery. But for whatever reason I just can't shoot them. I tend to torque even a recurve really bad and with those bows it was horrible.

But the cool thing about learning on those was when I went to Black Widow and demoed their bows I was like holy chit I'm actually pretty decent at shooting

Got some new arrows here to fletch up for my 55# Mushin Styk.
They're a 'rip off' version of some sort of Victory arrow, it seems. Bought from some Aussie bloke off facebook. The components on the front are heavy (or at least have the option to be heavy if you don't cut them) so I have 350gn on the front! They're 350 spine and they seem to be just right at 30in (full length). Once they're fletched they'll be close to 700gns. Should make a great short-range hunting arrow.

I'll post some pics and potentially videos once they're sorted.

GMC

Lil-Rokslider
TTT! I'd like to see some more asl's please. I'm getting the itch to try one out....again.

I've just finished building an ASL with a mate of mine - Colin from Outlaw bows. The riser and base of the veneers is ironbark and the end of the veneers is red elm, from my house yard. The ironbark was cut at my best hunting property.

The bow is 68in long and 45# @ 28in.

I'll post a heap more stuff about this bow in the coming months as I got a heap of cool pictures and videos of the build process.

mgmicky

FNG
I've just finished building an ASL with a mate of mine - Colin from Outlaw bows. The riser and base of the veneers is ironbark and the end of the veneers is red elm, from my house yard. The ironbark was cut at my best hunting property.

The bow is 68in long and 45# @ 28in.

I'll post a heap more stuff about this bow in the coming months as I got a heap of cool pictures and videos of the build process.

Great looking bow wilderlife. Hope it shoots as good as it looks!

GMC

Lil-Rokslider
Nice bows, keep them coming please. I've got sellers remorse, had a JD Berry Misty Dawn 66" 47#@28", and let it go rather than putting the work into getting better with it. Idiot!!

Great looking bow wilderlife. Hope it shoots as good as it looks!
It does shoot great, and it's an easy poundage as well. Arrows came out nice and long and around 500gn so it's a good weight for an ASL and still plenty of power to poke through some critters around here soon. Got a buck with my wheels over the weekend so if I get another one or two early on I might take the longbow our after a deer, and then I'll definitely take it out over the cooler months for goats and pigs.

Got lots of pictures and video to take of this bow in the coming months and it should be a lot of fun.

Nice bows, keep them coming please. I've got sellers remorse, had a JD Berry Misty Dawn 66" 47#@28", and let it go rather than putting the work into getting better with it. Idiot!!
I had a chance to take my Morning Star out to the 3d course this weekend and shot a 308. It’s the best score I’ve had in while, and it was with the Hill bow. I had a blast.

My kid took a couple of video clips. I’ll have to figure out how to upload them.

cck311

FNG
I just ordered a 55# Navajo Neet longbow designed by Earl Hoyt Jr. from rmsgear. So far I have only played with recurves but my favorite recurve is a Ben Pearson Bushmaster with a 66 inch amo length, a dished grip and only mildly reflexed limbs, so it is somewhat similar to a longbow. I can't wait to play around with the new toy!

Beendare

WKR