Hoffman 6" Summit Boot review

Tony Trietch

Part Time Bow Hiker
Staff member
9363ab438e48e1223c796587b9ca2176.jpg

I will be using this boot for my spring bear hunts and will get a review up as soon as I get back. In the meantime I will get them out shed hunting and might even try these out on the jobsite as Hoffman describes them as a solid work boot.

Check out the Hoffman 6" Summit here.

All I an tell you so far is they are pretty comfy. Let me know if you have any questions.

Last edited:

bozeman

WKR
Tag on this....I have the Explorer Light and was going back and forth on these vs the Explorer....the Explorer's are a solid boot so far......taking notes and pics to submit a review as well if its accepted. Looking forward to reading this.

TheTone

WKR
I just bought a pair of Armond Marmaloda’s from Hoffman’s, it’s practically the same bought except for the rand near as I can tell. I like it so far, initial impressions: arch seems higher than boots I’m used to, little narrower profile than I’m used to, it’s a stiffer boot than I expected; leather and stitching all looks really good, I like the padding around the tongue and ankle of the boot.
I’ll primarily be using this as a work boot, but that’s outside hiking, atving, etc.

manitou1

WKR
I purchased a set of 8" Hoffman explorers about five weeks ago. Have been wearing them hiking and scouting quite a bit. Had a sore spot where the tongue fold is on top of ankle the first hike. Now that they are breaking in they are pretty comfy.
Very supportive and pretty stiff.

Beendare

WKR
I wore those boots all last year. You do have to break them in but once you do- wow, great boots.

They take a little getting used to as they are heavier than Day hikers and the light boots I used to wear. At first I was skeptical.

Now that I am used to them its like slipping on an old friend. The one big thing I notice is at the end of the day my feet dont hurt like when wearing the other light boots.

bozeman

WKR
Great review! The Explorer light i have been wearing for the past few months from Hoffman are superb! Just got back from 3 days in CO scouting and rocks, water, varied terrain, these handled it well. Sold on the Hoffman boots for sure..........

TheTone

WKR
Did my first good hike in my Armond’s yesterday. Very, very similar thoughts to Tony’s review. The sole just has a good sticky feel, I’m curious how it holds up but for now it’s great. The insole is different between the two boots, with the Hoffman version being more structured looking. That said the armond insole has some nice cushion and seems better than a stock Lowa insole that I’m most familiar with. I’d buy again and depending on availability may go with Hoffman version next time

TheTone

WKR
I would say my armonds are not as stiff as a Lowa tibet but are stiffer than a Lowa Camino. I’m on my third pair of Tibet’s since 2009 and consider them my go to boot for late season and steep, rocky hunts. I wore the caminos for all of last archery season and was really happy with less weight and more flex. These hit a pretty sweet spot for me and I’ll be looking at the Hoffman version next year when my boot allowance comes int

Firemedic710

Lil-Rokslider
I would say my armonds are not as stiff as a Lowa tibet but are stiffer than a Lowa Camino. I’m on my third pair of Tibet’s since 2009 and consider them my go to boot for late season and steep, rocky hunts. I wore the caminos for all of last archery season and was really happy with less weight and more flex. These hit a pretty sweet spot for me and I’ll be looking at the Hoffman version next year when my boot allowance comes int
Did they run true to size compared your lowa’s? Is the fit pretty similar as well?

TheTone

WKR
Sizing seems good to me and I went same size as my Lowe’s. They seem narrower to me than my tibets, I’m happy with the fit.