Holy injexions!!

OP
Evan Williams
The Injexions are one of the toughest all carbon shafts I have shot. And they fly a broadhead like no ones business. Hopefully the price will come down on them in the future. I will bet you will start seeing more of this style of shaft being the norm.

AMEN OR Archer!!! Those things are fantastically tough!! Can't wait to use them more. I am going to throw them on my field/fita rig!!!

Lawnboi

WKR
I just got a half a dozen injections to try out. Iv only begun to play with them but man they sure are nice. I may have found my new arrow. They are unbelievably thin shafts with a heck of a thick wall.

Now I need to decide what broadheads to try with them. Or if i should wait till more become avaliable.

OR Archer

WKR
Lawnboi you will see a bunch of new heads out for them this coming spring. I use the NAP TH Edge and love the way they tune up. Accuracy is phenomenal.

OP
Evan Williams
I am running the RAMCAT on mine for a broadhead! 3" groups at 100 yds no plan on switching anytime soon!!! I am shooting 28" Draw length and my overall arrow length including nock was 27 1/8". I took off the factory crest and wrapped with some left over 4" I had and 2.1" Fusion vanes running 100 gr point and had a total weight of 393 grains.

I am running the RAMCAT on mine for a broadhead! 3" groups at 100 yds no plan on switching anytime soon!!! I am shooting 28" Draw length and my overall arrow length including nock was 27 1/8". I took off the factory crest and wrapped with some left over 4" I had and 2.1" Fusion vanes running 100 gr point and had a total weight of 393 grains.

Dang; that's impressive shooting my friend!

OP
Evan Williams
Just picked up another dozen of my 400 Injexions and can't wait to put them on my Matrix G3 and start having some fun!!! Bow should make it in just after Christmas!!

Any more updates on Injexion testing? I have heard of some folks putting the Easton Steel Deep Six insert into Axis arrows. This would cause them to be much stronger than the HIT inserts due to the concentration of the screwing, and provide an edge between the heads and the shaft, which is traditionally a weakness of the Axis. It would also add a bit of FOC to the Axis due to the added weight of Steel vs Aluminum. You would not get quite the cross wind protection benefits, but would still see the advantages of the Axis over a regular carbon shaft, and save a lot of money. Interesting.

Lawnboi

WKR
Any more updates on Injexion testing? I have heard of some folks putting the Easton Steel Deep Six insert into Axis arrows. This would cause them to be much stronger than the HIT inserts due to the concentration of the screwing, and provide an edge between the heads and the shaft, which is traditionally a weakness of the Axis. It would also add a bit of FOC to the Axis due to the added weight of Steel vs Aluminum. You would not get quite the cross wind protection benefits, but would still see the advantages of the Axis over a regular carbon shaft, and save a lot of money. Interesting.

I don't know about the deep 6 hits in the axis, but I believe Easton made a deep 6 rps insert, which is just like a standard arrow insert with deep 6 threading and diameter. This allows them to have metal outside the edge of the shaft like a traditional arrow insert. May be an option.

I now have 18 injexion 400's. Im very happy with them so far. Not that much more expensive either, 20 bucks more a dozen than the fmj's iv been shooting. I have a bunch of axis as well, and side by side, the injexions are noticeably skinnier and have a thicker wall.

The jury is out on the deep 6 inserts for me yet, I doubt I will know any difference in them over normal hit inserts. There Is a good bit more threading on them, but I don't see how that really matters.

I wouldn't hesitate to try some out

I don't know about the deep 6 hits in the axis, but I believe Easton made a deep 6 rps insert, which is just like a standard arrow insert with deep 6 threading and diameter. This allows them to have metal outside the edge of the shaft like a traditional arrow insert. May be an option.

I now have 18 injexion 400's. Im very happy with them so far. Not that much more expensive either, 20 bucks more a dozen than the fmj's iv been shooting. I have a bunch of axis as well, and side by side, the injexions are noticeably skinnier and have a thicker wall.

The jury is out on the deep 6 inserts for me yet, I doubt I will know any difference in them over normal hit inserts. There Is a good bit more threading on them, but I don't see how that really matters.

I wouldn't hesitate to try some out

Thank you! Yes, they are the RPS inserts that I was talking about. Thanks for the input about the Injexions as well.

vcb

WKR
I asked Evan about fletching such a skinny shaft but he said he has no problems. Are you guys running 3* offset? If so, is there still plenty of room to glue down the front and end of the blazer/ fusion etc....I use the red blazer jig. Do you drop down to a 2* offset?

OP
Evan Williams
Easton makes the HIT for the Axis arrows in a Deep 6 OPTION....YES

Mine are 2.1" Fusions on the Bohning Helix Jig ( the red one ;) ) and fletched at a 3 degree Right HELICAL. I run AAE Max bond glue and hold on the shaft 30 sec then another 30 seconds holding down the front right and the back left corners for full contact AND a 4" wrap.

Hardstalk

WKR
Just curious evan. I have the same jig. It seems like i can push past 3 degrees with some pressure on the jig do you notice this as well?

OP
Evan Williams
On my Injexions...yes!!! I tell most people who see them and ask that it is probably closer to 4 because the skinnier shafts is allowing for more wrapping around the shaft. On standard carbon arrows I would say that yes it is only 3 even with pressure.

OP
Evan Williams
Never have shot the Victory Shafts. I have dealt with them a little with the Wounded Warrior Games ( They provide VAPs for some of the teams ). I honestly am NOT a fan of their "Inserts". PLUS They are killing themselves on penetration. Yes yes yes I know that they already get good penetration BUT imagine what they could do if it didn't FLARE the way it does. AND I'm sorry Easton has been in the industry far longer...I'll trust experience and longevity in a manufacturer.

ckleeves

WKR
Evan do you think that the injection and VAP diameter shafts really get better penetration in animals? I'm not convinced, I like them for shooting in the wind but is there much evidence of increased penetration in animals? I know they kill the s**t outta foam but that makes sense since there is less surface to grab.

OP
Evan Williams
I believe that whether its foam or tissue OTHER than density you'll see the same results. Yes, in my opinion they will both get better penetration on tissue. Now that doesn't mean that, as we ALL know, a standard carbon isn't going to do the job but lets face it arrow prices are going up. I would rather pay a little more for an arrow that will perform better not only on animals but also in the wind. That is what truly sold me on the Injexions when I started shooting them. And the only reason that I did start shooting them was because I knew that I could get the broadhead that I wanted in them...RAMCATS!!! And when I can throw a 2" group at 100 yds WITH a flier in a crosswind...I'm sold!!! Plan for the worst conditions and excel in all conditions.