Home all in one

Jmort1754

WKR
The girl friend has decided to go back to school and wants to get an all in one computer and a printer.

I get a huge discount on Lenovo.

Anyone have any input ?

hunterjmj

WKR
Don't know much about computers but we print a lot of crap and I'd recommend HP inks monthly service if she plans on printing much. We pay $5.99/ month and we never run out of ink. I guess the printer knows when it needs ink and it sends a message to hp then it shows up in our mailbox. 🤷‍♂️

ODB

WKR
Don't know much about computers but we print a lot of crap and I'd recommend HP inks monthly service if she plans on printing much. We pay $5.99/ month and we never run out of ink. I guess the printer knows when it needs ink and it sends a message to hp then it shows up in our mailbox. 🤷‍♂️

I’ve hears stories that if you discontinue the monthly service the cartridges already delivered will not work. Too “smart” for me

hunterjmj

WKR
I’ve hears stories that if you discontinue the monthly service the cartridges already delivered will not work. Too “smart” for me
Wouldn't surprise me. No plans on canceling since we print all the time. Trying to cancel any subscription is a pain in butt.

7mm-08

WKR
Dell laptop (too many variables to advise on model without a whole bunch more information from your end) and a Brother MFC-L2700 DW series printer, which is an all-in-one. Our Brother laser printer was dirt cheap ($200) and we have printed out tens of thousands of documents on it since 2014 without one hiccup. Be aware, however, that is is a monochrome printer only. I have no idea on color printers. Good luck to the GF on her continuing education.

OP
J

Jmort1754

WKR
I have a lap top already. She built a home office/education area and wants to put a desktop in there

wyosteve

WKR
I'll second Apple and also suggest a laser/toner printer. They can be had for $150 or less and never have to deal with the damn inkjet issues.

Don’t buy an HP printer. That company scams you.

Get a brother laser printer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have an Epson ET 2700 with the refillable tanks. It’s been bombproof, i refill one of the tanks about every 6-8 months, and the ink is so much cheaper than cartridges. I’ll never own a cartridge printer again. It also copies and scans. The one below is wireless, which I have no experience with. Mine is not Wireless.

summs

Lil-Rokslider
Computers are all the same, lenovo is fine. If you get that big a discount, go i7, 16gb ram. 1tb nvme and it will perform and last a long time. And a back up 3tb hard drive, trust me, back up the photos, it means more to her than anything else.

As for printers, brother is covered under Lenovo, just get the cheapest enterprise LaserJet that has the features you want. Home models suck and do not last.