Home Gym what should I get?

TX_Diver

WKR
Old thread.

Info is probably still valid though except prices are obviously way higher. Sorinex has a good "cheap" squat rack that they came up with at the beginning of Covid that people should be aware of. They are top notch like rogue.

I move for work often so I picked up a sandbag from Brute Force and 75lbs of sand from my local feed store. Not fancy but I can tire myself out with it. When it comes time to move, dump the sand and another $3 of sand at my next place gets me going again.

Cheers

pc3

WKR
I opted for Rogue have an RML 690 rack (started with the 490 all i could get and added the back half to convert to a 6 post system when stock arrived) Its super solid as the half rack at the end I store the bumpers on. Also got some Rogue HG Bumpers along with 3 pairs of 5kg cast iron plates for the strong log as they are same diameter as the log.

Also 3x Rogue Bars a junior bar for my son, an Ohio bar and then added a Power Bar as I prefer the center knurl for squatting, and it has less whip, noticeable even for my average lifting numbers.

I have 3 pairs of dumbells (will add more as I go)
5 kg
27.5 Kg
40kg

I added spotter arms for over head press outside of the rack. I built a couple of platforms using ply and horse stall mats. One for the rack another for deadlifting and power cleans.

Also have the Rogue bench.

Rogue Echo Bike...only piece of cardio equipment a garage gym owner needs IMHO it is BRILLIANT.

I also have a couple of deadballs and a strong man log (not Rogue Branded).

When we get locked down here I dont miss the gym (only really go now for social aspect and a few machines I havent got if the urge grabs me), I have everything for the main compound lifts;

Squats
Overhead press
Deadlifts
Bench press
Incline bench press
Power cleans

you can still do pretty much everything else too;

Rows
Upright Rows
Curls
French curls etc.
Incline log press
Log holds....list goes on

So since Covid I have gotten stronger as I have concentrated on the compound lifts, rather than pec dec etc.

I do not regret spending a single penny on this gear (and it cost me a small fortune) reasons being, I cant miss weights it helps keep my mind healthy, and now my son also loves it and it is a part of his life, his numbers are good for his age and he has taken to it like a fish to water, it has given him confidence as well, he loves training with me in the garage, it is great father/son time, the daughter and wife also use it occasionally.

Its an investment in mine and my family's health. And If I cant make it to the gym, or I dont feel like it I can train with my equipment at home. In fact I'd rather squat on my rack than at the gym so squat night is at home.

pcrossett

FNG
I ended up going with a couple of kettlebells, sand bags and resistance bands. At this point I am not looking to set PRs but maintaining so that come hunt and ski season am in shape to be able to do it all.

MrMarc

FNG
Facebook marketplace, friends with welders, and getting creative with weighty objects can go a long ways.

So here is the deal I am looking at getting some weight lifting equipment like Squat rack or Cage along with Bars and plates maybe some kettle balls so I can do some weight lifting at home. Where is a good place to get the equipment at a reasonable price is the stuff at dicks going to be decent quality or should I look elsewhere. what are good brands or brands I should stay away from.
When setting up your training space at home there are many different options for weight plates. Amongst those options are bumper plates, jammer arms. Bumper plates are bulkier, usually more colourful plates that you can buy from rug rig fitness when you are working on home gym solutions
Another great investment is jammer arms, these are going to be an amazing addition in your home gym solution. These can also be brought from rug rig fitness in Melbourne, Australia.
Rug Rig is a company that keep stock of large range of equipment for home gyms solutions such as barbells, kettlebells, gym plates, bumper plates, adjustable dumbbells etc.

#jammerarmsaustralia #jammerarms #homegymsolutions #compactgym #Dumbbellsetwithrackaustralia

So here is the deal I am looking at getting some weight lifting equipment like Squat rack or Cage along with Bars and plates maybe some kettle balls so I can do some weight lifting at home. Where is a good place to get the equipment at a reasonable price is the stuff at dicks going to be decent quality or should I look elsewhere. what are good brands or brands I should stay away from.
When setting up your training space at home there are many different options for weight plates. Amongst those options are bumper plates, jammer arms. Bumper plates are bulkier, usually more colourful plates that you can buy from rug rig fitness when you are working on home gym solutions
Another great investment is jammer arms, these are going to be an amazing addition in your home gym solution. These can also be brought from rug rig fitness in Melbourne, Australia.
Rug Rig is a company that keep stock of large range of equipment for home gyms solutions such as barbells, kettlebells, gym plates, bumper plates, adjustable dumbbells etc.

#jammerarmsaustralia #jammerarms #homegymsolutions #compactgym #Dumbbellsetwithrackaustralia