Homemade Trail Pack servings

Have been trying to come up with a way to make up light effective trail pack servings for MTN Ops and Wilderness Athlete stuff I use while hunting or backpacking. In the past I just put however much of each product and a universal scoop in a ziplock baggie. This works but seems like things could be much easier if I can come up with a way to make up individual serving packs for each product. I know Mountain Ops and Wilderness Athlete sell individual serving packages but you get way less for the same price. Any ideas?

Vacuum pack your own single servings.
Grab some straws from McDs and heat the ends closed with a lighter and pair of pliers. Maybe half a straw would be a serving?
I'm not sure any of those is easier than scooping out a serving per day into a ziplock though.

OP
doverpack12
Maybe I'll try the snack pack size zip locks the sandwich size just seems big. I'll pick up a few extra McDonalds straws the next time i'm there too. I just didn't really like having a ziplock full of multiple different powders. Seemed like a good way to spill all over in the pack.

Chad E

WKR
I've used the snack sized zip locks on several trips with good success. Never had any problems just remember to label them if your taking a couple different similar looking and colored powders. Guessing which ones which is no fun.

OP
doverpack12
Had a new idea. The little tubes that the effervescent tablets come in from GU, Hammer, Nuun etc seem like they could be just perfect to re-use. I have cut out the dessicant holder in a few of them and that really increases the capacity. Going to try this. Still not a great option for longer trips but a couple nights or just wanting to carry some powder for a refill on a day hunt seems like a good option.

rklein

Lil-Rokslider
I just made some single serve packets of the wilderness athletes stuff with my vacuum sealer. I also made another with one of my daughter's empty popsicle wrappers that I rinsed and then let dry, using the same technique as the straws. The popsicle wrapper was much easier than the vacuum sealer when it was dried, just melting the end with the lighter. I told her and her friends to eat a bunch of popsicles this week and save the wrappers, seems like it may be the way to go for me. I hate paying 2x the cost just to have it in pre-sealed packages.

For protein shake stuff, I'm going to put in a small plastic bottled water bottle and draw marks on the outside denoting the split between servings. It's light, easy to pour, and no daily accumulation of trash.

Zoo Keeper

Lil-Rokslider
I seal the end of drinking straws & put them in there. I was a little worried about the seals breaking, but I've been impressed with how well they hold.

OP
doverpack12
I just made some single serve packets of the wilderness athletes stuff with my vacuum sealer. I also made another with one of my daughter's empty popsicle wrappers that I rinsed and then let dry, using the same technique as the straws. The popsicle wrapper was much easier than the vacuum sealer when it was dried, just melting the end with the lighter. I told her and her friends to eat a bunch of popsicles this week and save the wrappers, seems like it may be the way to go for me. I hate paying 2x the cost just to have it in pre-sealed packages.

Are these the little otter pop tubes about 3/4" wide and 10" long?

OP
doverpack12
For protein shake stuff, I'm going to put in a small plastic bottled water bottle and draw marks on the outside denoting the split between servings. It's light, easy to pour, and no daily accumulation of trash.

I like this idea for the larger quantity servings.

AdamW

WKR
Depending on the serving size, they sell those mini ziploc bags in the craft department of most stores. Do the single servings then keep them all in one larger ziploc to protect against spills.