Homepage animation after clicking hamburger freezes android chrome

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
Most of us have an iPhone, can you describe it more specifically or get a screenshot?

OP
C

CaptArab

FNG
Classified Approved
Device is pixel 6 on Android 13

Go to rokslide.com

Click the hamburger icon the in upper left corner.

It usually does some weird full screen animation where it all zooms out then freezes.

Then I get the following error messages.

It actually navigated this time but usually just freezes without navigating.

Fwiw this happens to me on ih8mud (land cruisers are my other hobby). I need to see if y'all are using the same software as that's probably where the bug is. I've actually had to disable JS over there.

I'm quick to install updates (actually do software for a living) so I don't think it's a fringe thing on my phone but it could always be possible.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230425-221823.png
    Screenshot_20230425-221823.png
    276.6 KB · Views: 14
  • Screenshot_20230425-221805.png
    Screenshot_20230425-221805.png
    280.6 KB · Views: 14
OP
C

CaptArab

FNG
Classified Approved
It's fine dude I just won't visit the home page. For some reason my url bar autocompletes to there, forgive the rage post it works mostly great 👍

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
It's fine dude I just won't visit the home page. For some reason my url bar autocompletes to there, forgive the rage post it works mostly great 👍
The only issue I’ve had with the hamburger menu is when I have poor internet it won’t respond to me selecting “forum”. Honestly I just leave a tab open on safari (keyboard function is better than chrome). Maybe try using Firefox for your forums.

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Device is pixel 6 on Android 13

Go to rokslide.com

Click the hamburger icon the in upper left corner.

It usually does some weird full screen animation where it all zooms out then freezes.

Then I get the following error messages.

It actually navigated this time but usually just freezes without navigating.

Fwiw this happens to me on ih8mud (land cruisers are my other hobby). I need to see if y'all are using the same software as that's probably where the bug is. I've actually had to disable JS over there.

I'm quick to install updates (actually do software for a living) so I don't think it's a fringe thing on my phone but it could always be possible.
The front end is WordPress.

@Jskaanland do you see this on your Android?

Jskaanland

Administrator
Staff member
I checked on both Chrome and brave and could not recreate the issue. I'm not logged into the front end website. I was able to navigate in between the forum and the front end and was able to navigate around on the front end.

The only issue I've ever had was a slow load with that animation. it did the zoom out and the menu did not show up immediately(took 5 seconds) but did not error out.

Edit: on a pixel 6

Last edited:
OP
C

CaptArab

FNG
Classified Approved
Interesting okay it appears the issue only effects the extremely impatient (who probably navigated to the home page by accident).

It only does it if I click the hamburger menu before the little podcast thumbnail images are finished loading. Tried to grab a recording but it won't record it once it crashes, just gives a system error.

Kinda feel pedantic reporting it now tbh but fwiw it did totally crash my phone's browser (freezing the rest of the phone with it) a handful of times.

So it appears the issue is isolated to impatient android xenophobes. Probably safe to letr slide 😊

Keep up the great work folks!
Awesome place you all have here.

Last edited:

Jskaanland

Administrator
Staff member
Interesting okay it appears the issue only effects the extremely impatient (who probably navigated to the home page by accident).

It only does it if I click the hamburger menu before the little podcast thumbnail images are finished loading. Tried to grab a recording but it won't record it once it crashes, just gives a system error.

Kinda feel pedantic reporting it now tbh but fwiw it did totally crash my phone's browser (freezing the rest of the phone with it) a handful of times.

So it appears the issue is isolated to impatient android xenophobes. Probably safe to letr slide 😊

Keep up the great work folks!
Awesome place you all have here.

I will say, I looked into turning off the animation because of how it loads with a slow internet connection. This is the first issue I've seen with someone's device crashing.

A side note on ih8mud, our front sides are both on wordpress but if it was a WP issue a lot of sites wouldn't work for you.