Hot Weather Backpacking Shirt

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
I prefer a hoody, (OR Echo) but not dressy; but their (OR) Astroman long sleeve fits the bill- I find I wear mine when around town or going out- it's a nice looking shirt and use the hoody when backpacking- the ability to pull up the hood over my ball cap and block all sun on my neck and sides of my face is really important

chwebb03

FNG
Have any of you all ran the REI Sahara shirts in hot weather? I find mine very comfy but not sure it will dry very quick after long hikes. Haven't had time to test it long or over a few day period

I found this newer brand Anetik which makes ultralight warm weather gear. Premium priced but they offer a 20% off coupon and I found a few pieces on Nordstrom for 40% off that I just ordered to try out.

if I like it I might splurge on the Ultraguide hooded snap front long sleeve, looks like a great hiking and adventure shirt for when it’s hot and you have little tree cover.

yfarm

WKR
Hanes.com Cool dri $12.50. Fishing clothing companies buy to imprint their logos. Fish offshore in South Texas in high humidity high temps and stay cool. Tuna blood comes out in the wash, many fabrics remain stained.