How are guys finding ammo?

Aginor

Lil-Rokslider
I have been watching AmmoSeek and know I can get random 6.5 CM rounds. I’m specifically looking for Hornady Precision Hunter though. So I was wondering if there was a way outside of calling them that we can know their production schedule. If they start pumping them out again before season, I’ll wait. If not, I’ll suck it up and buy something else since I’ll have time to practice with it

I have been watching AmmoSeek and know I can get random 6.5 CM rounds. I’m specifically looking for Hornady Precision Hunter though. So I was wondering if there was a way outside of calling them that we can know their production schedule. If they start pumping them out again before season, I’ll wait. If not, I’ll suck it up and buy something else since I’ll have time to practice with it

I’ve seen that listed for sale here recently.

I’d set up alerts at Midway and others and be ready to buy quick.

fmyth

WKR
I've picked up 4 boxes of 143eld-x for my 6.5c because of ammoseek.com alerts in the last 2 months. It's hard to catch but available. I've also picked up eldm, American Whitetail, S&B soft points and some Sig in 6.5C all online. Keep watching for those text alerts and be ready.

Aginor

Lil-Rokslider
I've picked up 4 boxes of 143eld-x for my 6.5c because of ammoseek.com alerts in the last 2 months. It's hard to catch but available. I've also picked up eldm, American Whitetail, S&B soft points and some Sig in 6.5C all online. Keep watching for those text alerts and be ready.

Thanks for the heads up. I’ve had a bunch of email alerts set up, but I’ll just check AmmoSeek more frequently then

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fmyth

WKR
Thanks for the heads up. I’ve had a bunch of email alerts set up, but I’ll just check AmmoSeek more frequently then

I started out with email alerts but switched to text alerts and that worked much better for me.

Aginor

Lil-Rokslider
I started out with email alerts but switched to text alerts and that worked much better for me.

Which sites have text alerts? I might not have been paying that close of attention, but I don’t remember seeing any

fmyth

WKR
Which sites have text alerts? I might not have been paying that close of attention, but I don’t remember seeing any
Ammoseek.com. When you set up your alerts it defaults to email alerts but you can change it to text alerts. I keep one window on my computer open to ammoseek.com. When I get a text alert I can simply open that window and refresh the page and click on the link to the ammo if I want it. I also set up a login/password at the stores that seem to have ammo most often like Cabela's, Basspro, Midway, SGammo, Natchez etc. This makes it much faster to check out.

Aginor

Lil-Rokslider
Ammoseek.com. When you set up your alerts it defaults to email alerts but you can change it to text alerts. I keep one window on my computer open to ammoseek.com. When I get a text alert I can simply open that window and refresh the page and click on the link to the ammo if I want it. I also set up a login/password at the stores that seem to have ammo most often like Cabela's, Basspro, Midway, SGammo, Natchez etc. This makes it much faster to check out.

Oh, no way! I’d never noticed the alerts on AmmoSeek since I always use the app. Thanks, man!

OP
TheCougar

TheCougar

WKR
Where can you set up text alerts? I’ve looked all over the alert management and don’t see the option.

Relentlessly following the reddit discord for reloading components and making rounds to the local stores every weekend for me. Pretty rare to find things in store but if you don't go you won't find anything...

Been able to find everything I need and more at regular prices by just keeping my eyes open both online and in store. Not at all willing to pay exorbitant prices on ammo, just be patient and stay vigilant.

fmyth

WKR
Top right hand side of screen. Look for "account settings".
I had to call T-Mobile to confirm that I wanted to receive automated text messages.
Hornady 140 ELDM in stock now: https://redriverreloading.com/outdo...ornady-65-Creedmoor-140gr-ELD-M-20&r=ammoseek

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-02-23 at 7.14.44 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-02-23 at 7.14.44 PM.png
    182.4 KB · Views: 43

Aginor

Lil-Rokslider
OP
TheCougar

TheCougar

WKR
I’m looking for the 143 ELDX. There was someone that had 2 boxes in stock today, but it was gone within seconds of getting the text. Some of y’all have some fast trigger fingers
I had the two boxes in my cart and couldn’t check out fast enough. By the time I went to make the payment, they were gone. I was on the website within 5 seconds of the notification.

fmyth

WKR
I had the two boxes in my cart and couldn’t check out fast enough. By the time I went to make the payment, they were gone. I was on the website within 5 seconds of the notification.
I killed 2 elk with Hornady ELDM's last year when I couldn't find ELDX's so although they might not be your first choice they do work.

I would answer your question but if I share how it's done then I may lose the ability to purchase cases of lot-matched ammo. Kinda like a hunting a honey hole...secrecy is your only protection.